A night to remember

Hehe I OWN NOTHING   also now that dialogue is involved I should tell you that THIS IS BASED ON THE BOOKS

Gem:

The world seemed...dull. Just dull. Yes, observing the classes and analyzing the students was entertaining, but only for a short while. I thought that the students being here would make me feel less lonely, but, if anything, it only made it worse. I was surrounded by people but I couldn't talk to any of them, I couldn't feel normal. At this point, I do not know what normal is anymore, is it to have a family? Friends? Having to worry only about classes? I guess I'll never know.

It was now October 31st, Halloween, and the halls were finely decorated, the professors on the look for pranks, the students in and out of sugar rushes. I was currently in charms class with the Gryffindors, where they were attempting to levitate a feather, a skill I had mastered months ago. I then saw Ron, Harry's friend, attempt it without success.

"Windgarduim Leviosa," he said, waving his arm like a windmill, but the feather did not bulge.

A bushy-haired girl who's name was Hermione snapped at him as a classical know it all, I rolled my eyes, knowing that behavior would not help her.

" You're saying it wrong... It's WinGARdium Leviosa, make the gar nice and long".

"You do it then if you're so clever!" snarled the angry redhead, who didn't know the extent of the girl's skill.

She rolled up her sleeves and said the spell, making the feather hover 4 feet above them, all while professor Flitwick praised her, forming a frown onto Weasley's face. Needless to say, it was very amusing seeing him in a bad mood for the rest of the class. 

As I turned into a butterfly and flew out of the classroom, I heard Weasley talking to Harry, and I was furious, to say the least. 

"It's no wonder no one can stand her... She's a nightmare, honestly".

The arse must not have realized that Hermione was behind them and started crying, purposely bumping into them as she ran past the crowd of students.

"I think she heard you," said Potter, clearly feeling guilty while Weasley just shrugged.

"So? She must have noticed she's got no friends" 

Right there, I snapped. Yes, she was acting like a know it all, but she was only trying to help him. I looked through the crowd for a head of bushy brown hair, only to find Granger heading into the bathroom. And forgetting about everything, I followed. I heard the sound of a stall door snapping closed, followed by the sound of sobbing and muttering. I felt bad for the girl, she needed someone to talk to, but she couldn't see me. So I went into the stall next to hers and transformed back into myself.

"Hello? I-I heard what Weasley said about you... Are you ok?" Ok, I have never had a conversation with a girl my age, and her crying did not make it any better.

"Why do you care?! I'm just a friendless know it all, you shouldn't be talking to me" she said between sobs, making me feel slightly hurt.

"I-I'm sorry, it's just... I thought the bullying would end in magic school, that I would finally be able to be myself without being judged. I guess I was wrong after all"

I felt bad for her as I thought of what to say, how to attempt comforting her, bullying wasn't very common in Azkaban, we were all alone.

"Well, from what I saw, you were only trying to help Weasley, and he was being an arse about it. Maybe he is jealous that you, a muggle-born, can outdo him in every way even if he grew up around magic. Even if he claims to be ok with muggles, wizards from pureblood families will never fully accept those different to them, so maybe you can help him do that. It might take a while, but you're a smart girl, you can do it"