Well thanks, mother

I OWN NOTHING EXCEPT FOR GEMINI K? (it takes me like 2 and a half hours to rewrite each chapter so I'll be done in like a week-ish)

Gem's POV:

A few hours had passed since the Malfoys left the premises of Azkaban. Through the tiny window of my cell, I could see the sun going down below the cloudy skies, almost looking like it had been swallowed by the dark seas. I always wondered what kinds of atrocities surrounded Azkaban under the ocean water. It also scared me, since I never learned how to swim. Draco probably knew how to swim. He also looked like he had friends his age, something I wasn't familiar with. Having two maniacs as company was all I had, so, if I were to interact with a person my age, it probably would end up in disaster. Draco was very lucky and unlucky at the same time. On one side, he had everything he could ever want: Money, status, basic commodities, friends, a Hogwarts acceptance letter, two parents. On the other hand, those parents were bound to be his downfall, especially Lucius. I had only met him for a few minutes, but Draco did seem like a copy of Lucius, just... less evil. Would I be like that if I was in his place? Hopefully not. 

Running my finger over the dust-covered floor of my cell, I sketched one of Sirius's favorite drawings, an envelope with the Hogwarts crest embedded with wax on the center. Both him and Bellatrix had said that getting their letters made them happier than they'd ever been, that it was one of their most notable memories. Sometimes, I wondered why people got so excited over a letter. Then I'd remember it was an acceptance letter to what was arguably the best school of Sorcery in the world. Right, a school. All education I ever had came from Sirius and Bellatrix, and frankly, it was all I would ever get. Right, no use in thinking about letters and schools I'll never go to. Running my handover the dust, I watched the sketch disappear. Right, no use in getting my hopes up, that's just how this prison worked. 

The sound of an envelope opening snapped me out of my daydream. I turned around to see Sirius on his corner of the cell, seemingly reading whatever Narcissa had given him during her visit. I thought gifts weren't allowed in Azkaban, but maybe the Malfoys were an exception; those rich bastards could buy their way out of anything and into anything they wanted. Sirius glanced at me, then back down at the envelope, then back at me, and then down at the envelope before momentarily putting it away. He motioned for me to get closer to him and I did, seeing a particular look on his face that I hadn't spotted in a long time; mischief. He spoke to me in a hushed tone, occasionally shifting his gaze to the doors, mostly to check if any guards or pesky Aurors were nearby. 

"My dear cousin Narcissa got you a... birthday present. I can't talk about the specifics right now so I'll tell you all of it later, but long story short, you have a way out of here now." A way out... a way out- A WAY OUT! No way- no way she did that, there is no way out of Azkaban, it's supposed to be impossible to leave! "A way out... how? I'm having a bit of trouble comprehending this, Sirius, but isn't this place impossible to escape from?" Sirius seemed to let out a chuckle, shaking his head. What was he laughing about? This was no laughing matter! "Listen, I said I would tell you the specifics of... this later. Not right now. You can wait by calming down Bellatrix, I think that little encounter with your father and her sister took quite a toll on her" I glanced at Bellatrix's cell, where she was curled up in a ball on the ground in a fit of laughter, drawing the Dark Mark on the dust. She got like this sometimes, mostly in particularly stressful situations where her mind was left vulnerable. Sirius gave me one last look of warning, which led me to stand up and walk towards Bella's cell. 

"Aunt Bella, the... The Dark Lord won't like to see you in this state. Come on, let's get you to your bed so you can get some rest" 

By the time she finally gave in to exhaustion, it was well into the night. I nearly stumbled back into my cell, covered in scratches and a few minor cuts. Bellatrix had been particularly violent today. With my hair sticking out in all directions and with little regard for my physical health, I plumped down into the 'bed' that had been given to me years ago. As usual, thunder boomed outside the prison, harder and louder than most nights. I was thankful for my bed. It may be the most uncomfortable bed, the dirtiest, the most rotten, but it was mine. It belonged to me, it was mine. It didn't belong to anyone else. So did the cobweb-covered roof and the nearly crumbling walls and the dust I had transfigured into small trinkets made of rock. I wouldn't have these things had I lived at Malfoy Manor. They would have been replaced by expensive jewelry and a golden bed and silk clothes and a room with a chandelier, shining down on my face instead of the broken candles on the sides of my cell. I would have been raised like a lady, my hair would be tied up into complex hairdos similar to Narcissa's, I would probably get fitted for custom-made garments instead of thrown into rags. That life sounded rather ridiculous.