I do see stars

Hehe, y'all know that already but I OWN NOTHING except for Gemini K? 

Gem's POV:

It was rather lonely. The castle, I mean. Sometimes I felt even more alone than I did in Azkaban, where I at least had Sirius and Bellatrix by my side. Here, it was just me. I walked through all corners of the castle, through endless hallways and hundreds of classrooms. The paintings looked wearily at me every time I passed next to them, silent and almost invisible. I knew where every common room was and I had entered all four of them. 

Each had its own beauty and feel to them, making them feel like they weren't part of the same castle. My favorite was Slytherin common room, not because of my family though, it was because of the soothing sound of the lake water and comfortable silence. However, my favorite place in the whole castle was the astronomy tower, where I would go nearly every night and watch the stars, many that reminded me of my family. On a particularly cloudy night, I managed to spot the constellation Draco, my brother's namesake. I smiled sadly as I remembered what could have been of us if my father hadn't been a coward. Lately, I only managed to sleep when I looked at the stars, otherwise, my dreams would be filled with horrid memories of that rotten prison. It pained me to remember that my family was still there, but I managed to get out, something they had always wanted.

It was August 29th, which meant that the students would be getting to Hogwarts tomorrow. I would be all nervous about making friends if it wasn't for the fact that they would all run away in fear because of who I was. On the bright side, I would see Draco again, a familiar face in the sea of students I didn't know anything about. I would also see Harry, Sirius' godson, who had been raised by muggles and was told about magic when his letter arrived, or at least that's what I hypothesize. I was currently sitting under the shade of the tree next to the black lake when I spotted the headmaster walking towards me with an old hat. As he got closer, I realized that the hat was talking, like actually talking. 

He eventually got to my spot and sat next to me.

"I always loved this particular tree, it was here before I came to Hogwarts," He said as he smiled.

The hat started talking as Dumbledore put it in my lap. 

"I'm the sorting hat and I think you know my purpose. You only have to put me on your head and I will give you the house that is best for you."

I carefully grabbed the hat and put it over my head. It started talking.

"Hmmm... A Black and a Malfoy too, a very dangerous combination. Ah, I see, you have a great destiny no matter what house I put you in. Yes, stars, stars, and water. Not Hufflepuff, but not a Gryffindor either, too wise and cunning for them. Now it is between Ravenclaw and Slytherin, where to put you? Hmmm... Better be SLYTHERIN!!"

Dumbledore got the hat off my head and handed me a paper that had subject names and hours next to them, my schedule.  I examined the piece of parchment in my hand as Dumbledore and the hat walked away from the tree, leaving me to the sound of leaves and summer breeze. I looked at my classes as I put my left hand on the ground, feeling the soft grass touch my fingers. I then looked away from the parchment and at the landscape, the beautiful landscape of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The sun was starting to set behind the mountains, making the sky look all shades of red, purple, pink and blue. The lake looked crystal clear and reflected the sunlight, making the small waves look like millions of diamonds in the water. The sky darkened and I could see the real start starting to appear one by one, slowly forming the constellations I was now familiar with.

The sun hid behind the mountains, leaving me under the full moon and stars, the air becoming slowly colder and the breeze ceasing, making room for the calming sound of the water. The stars shimmered in different shades of blue and white, some even having a hint of red. I could see Delphinus and Capricorn, varying in size but shining brightly nevertheless. One star, however, looked brighter and bigger than the rest, resting right above my head. I felt drawn to it somehow as if it were talking to me from above. I stood up. Something inside of me stirred, slowly taking over me and leading me away from the tree and closer to the black lake. As I walked, I noticed the star moved with me, always resting atop my head.

My feet were touching the water, making me slightly shiver from the cold. I kept walking. I was now waist-deep into the lake, struggling to get used to the temperature change. I kept walking. My feet were not able to touch the bottom, making me test the newly acquired swimming skills I had worked on during the summer. I didn't know what I was doing, my body was moving by itself, leaving my mind to somehow enjoy the freezing water. I suddenly stopped moving.

I looked around as my hands and legs kept me afloat, I was at the dead center of the lake, where the water was dark and the bottom was nowhere to be seen. I felt a pull from my chest, making me look up once more. All the stars seemed to dim at the sight of the one above me, with its blinding light taking over the night sky. The pull got stronger, I felt as if I was being lifted up to the sky. I reached my right hand up into the air, wanting to touch the light. It was then I realized what was really happening. The giant tunnel of water spun around and below me, lifting me higher and higher by the seconds. It felt right somehow as if this was meant to happen, as if I was somehow causing it.

I could feel the water swirling around me, almost as if I was part of it. The rest of the landscape faded and all I could see was the water and the star. I reached for it, it was close, so close, in fact, that I could already feel its warmth nearing my hand. My hand was almost there, the water stopped rising and slowly started going down, it was now or never. I struggled to pull myself up and felt my fingertips touch the now circular bright orb. I closed my fist. Time stopped as I felt my body absorb its light, all while the now still cylinder of water let me see myself only to be utterly shocked. My eyes shone white before turning into a blue deeper than the water, my hair glowed like the orb I had in my hand before stopping, leaving it looking a bright silver. My clothing had also changed, my wet leggings and t-shirt having turned into a white greek style gown with a silver belt at my waist.

I reached for the water with my left hand, wanting to touch it. My index finger made contact with the cool liquid. I started falling, the time had started again. The water wall fell with me, the stars seemed less bright as if it all were falling apart, just another dream. The sudden impact with the water took me by surprise as the air was momentarily gone from my lungs. I opened my eyes underwater, struggling to see through the fabric of my dress. I swam back to the surface, all while never checking the orb in my hand. I laid down on the cool grass once again, looking at my right hand.

I slowly opened it, seeing what looked like a white pearl about the size of my thumbnail that somehow was white at the top and a deep blue at the bottom. It was beautiful, to say the least. I slowly stood up only to find that I was completely dry as if my little swim had never happened. I then properly looked at my hands, which both had silver drawings on them. My left hand had a silver wave while my right has a crescent moon and a star. I touched my left hand with my index finger, feeling a sharp pain for a second. Water came out. Of my fingertips, I mean, soaking my hair and making me feel cold. I did it again, this time pointing at the tree. Water shot towards it.

I then touched my right hand, feeling the same pain before a light came out of it. White light, just like the one I was longing to touch minutes earlier. I didn't know what was happening to me, I felt scared, defenseless, but I still felt good. Wholesome, I mean, as if I had found a missing piece to myself, an essential one. I wish Sirius was here to talk to me, I wish Bella was here to tell me what was going on, I wish I wasn't alone. I walked back towards the castle, being as quiet as I could be so the paintings wouldn't wake up. I once again walked through the endless corridors and classrooms before eventually getting to my room, where I immediately fell asleep as I sat in my bed. I didn't dream, I didn't think, I felt too exhausted to. I would start Hogwarts tomorrow, as a runaway, a child runaway, a child runaway with an unusual wand and abilities I could not explain. An overall freak.

ANOTHER CHAPTER DONE AND WELL YEAH I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AND HEHE I'LL UPDATE SOON *I PROMISE* OK BYE BENCHES SEE YOU NEXT TIME!!!!