chapter 3 :- why me? ✔️

"Are you really OK, Christina? You appear to be really stressed right now."

"no. It ain't t-that."

Who wouldn't be worried if they turned out to be your stepbrothers? There is no way anyone would be pleased with it.

"Can you tell me why you're stuttering? I assume you are familiar with my boys."

"I've heard of them", I replied.

"Wow, that's fantastic. You and your brothers may now have a pleasant relationship."

While everyone started talking, I sat on the sofa and remained silent. James and Justin were peering at me all the time. They seemed as though their glares might kill me. They appeared annoyed to become a part of this discussion.

"Is everything alright with you, Christina? You seem a little off?" John said as I shook my head.

"No, I'm totally alright"

"Well, I'm stunned to discover that you and the other boys are attending the same high school and university."

"I'm startled, too," her mother stated, "but it's excellent since I was planning to transfer her to their school."

What the hell is going on here? She urges me to go to the school where they are studying! Not in my wildest dreams! I've always been unlucky. They're in the same building, and now everyone knows! What could possibly be worse?

"But why, Mom?", I asked annoyed by her words.

"What exactly do you mean when you say why?" Isn't it nice to have brothers who stay near by?"

"They are not my brothers!" I said quietly, but Aidan heard me. He was a little uneasy.

"Can you tell me about your interests and favourite sports?", John asked out of curiosity.

Is this a good question to bring up at the first meeting?

"I like to paint and play basketball"

Daisy got up and said, "I'll cook supper for you all today."

I found a way out of the room and said, "I'll make dinner for you all today." I was ready to walk away when John intervened.

"Christina, where are you going? Stay with the others. I'll help daisy."

Now, why is this happening? Isn't it possible for me to stay with my mother?

"Yes, Christina, you should stay here and talk to them. You'll learn more about each other."

I sighed as I stared at my mother. I'm not interested in speaking with any of them. I'm not in the least bit secure. How can you expect me to talk to them when we have just met?

Aidan tried to start the conversation by asking, "So Christina, how's your studies going?" in order to avoid making the atmosphere too uncomfortable and unpleasant.

"huh nice," I said, a blank expression on my face. After then, there was complete stillness, with no one saying anything.