#4: Kisses & Pompoms

A/n: Trigger warnings~> Homophobia, sexism, and parental abuse.

__________

Everyone on the dinner table heard a loud noise as Win came running down to the dining room with a pillow tightly hugged from his chest.

"What happened?!", mother asked as she went to him trying to console a now hyperventilating Win.

"There's a spider in my room!", Win said between his heavy breathes.

Win has always been Arachnophobic and this has happened many times.

"Don't worry it'll be alright.", mother hugged the 22-year-old boy.

"You shouldn't be scared like that from some kind of tiny creatures. What are you, 5?!", Father remarked with a sitch.

"It's a Phobia. It's a permanent problem and not a choice", the stern words of Bright diverted 3 pairs of eyes towards him.

It was like the first time Bright spoke up against Father.

Win's almost gloomy eyes–due to the remark of his father–when met Bright's confident ones, Win got a sudden warmth of reassurance as if Bright will handle it all.

"Even so, he should act like a grown man and not a little girl child! Always getting scared with insects!", Father replied.

"But it's a medical condition!", Bright argued.

"Stop with these stupid modern notions to a child's misbehavior! Why don't you teach your brother how a man acts!", Father's voice came out higher.

Bright was about to say something but he just shook his head and started eating the vegetables left on his plate.

Win already ate his dinner in the evening because he didn't want to eat with his father. He'll always taunt him at dinner about his behavior.

Win just sat quietly at the dinner table as the click-clack of silverware lead to everyone being done with their food.

Bright pushed his plate and grabbed Win's hand to drag him upstairs as soon as he was done.

"Bright? What are you-?", Win tried to get his wrist out of Bright's grip but failed.

They reached the corridor in front of their rooms, where Bright halted.

"What are you trying to..."

"I'm sorry. ", Bright cut Win off.

"What? Why? I should be thankful."

"Not for today. For every time. Every time father taunted you about everything. I've always been quiet even when I knew it was wrong! "

"It's fine Bright, I never expected anything from you in that case. "

"But you should've!! Am I not your brother? So what if we're not blood-related? I should've helped you!", Bright's voice was almost cracking.

Win quickly placed his both hands on Bright's shoulder to console him.

"I actually have something for you.", Bright said as he turned back to get into his room.

He came out with 2 large colorful pom-poms in his hands. Win's eyes sparkled at the look of them!

"Remember these?!"

"Wait! Are these the premium quality ones?!"

"I got them 6 years ago when dad burnt your pom-poms on Christmas, I just never got the chance to give these to you. I know you always wanted these!", Bright handed Win the Pom-poms as sad memories came swiping back to Win.

It was Christmas and mother gave Win a set of Pom-poms he wanted as a gift for being selected in the cheer squad in school.

Father didn't have a clue until Bright accidentally congratulated Win that time.

After that, in seconds Father snatched away the Pom-poms from the teenage boy and threw them in the fireplace next to the decorated Christmas tree.

Win could imagine himself being held by his mother with tears running down his face.

Mother never spoke against Father on this. She never puts forward her opinion. In a corner, she also agrees with the toxic masculinity ideals just the way Father does.

Father didn't let Win join the Cheer squad that time.

"I'm sorry.", Bright's apology got Win back from his zoned-out phase.

"It isn't your fault. It's just that Father... ", Win bowed his head instead of cursing at the person who gave birth to him and puts a roof over his head.

After a phase of silence, Bright spoke up.

"Now let's find that spider and teach it a good lesson.!"

Win smiled at that and Bright walked across to open the door of Win's room.

It was the first time in these many years that Bright has seen Win's room. The warmth of brown grasped Bright as soon as he entered the room.

"It's there!", Win squeaked while pointing next to his single bed on the carpet!

Bright took of his slip-on to crush the spider to death as it started running away!

When he tried to run to catch it, his foot got tangled with the fallen bed sheet to make him lose his balance. Bright took the first support he could reach to prevent his fall, which was indeed Win.

In the span of seconds, both the stepbrothers were on top of each other on the floor.

Win opened his eyes to witness the dashing face of Bright lit by a small side lamp.

His lips were wet and his sight was Piercing through Win's soul. That sight seemed like the feature Father chose him to take up his business.

Confidence radiated from Bright as he kept his stern eyes on Win.

Win knew this wasn't something he was supposed to feel.

"We're brothers for god's sake!", Win thought to himself.

Win wasn't able to keep contact with Bright so he placed his hand on his chest to refrain him from getting closer.

"Bright.", Win said as he tried to push away from the cage of Bright's Arms.

"Shhh... ", Bright shushed.

Win looked up to meet Bright's eyes as his face started to come closer. If it wasn't for Win's senses, something wrong would've happened.

Win quickly used his hands to push away Bright but Win's weak figure can't take up against Bright's build-up body's strength.

"No. Bright we're Kins!", Win said in an attempt to prevent Bright.

Bright gripped both wrists of Win that were pressed to his chest and pinned them to the floor.

Bright went close to Win's face as Win turned his face to right. He went close to his ear and whispered.

"You should know that there are various kinds of kins", Bright's voice was a rasp.

"Bright you should know we can't do this!"

"Does that mean you want to?", Bright's counter-question left Win speechless.

Bright sighed, " Don't worry. I won't do anything to you until you'll want me to. It's unfortunate for us to meet like this but that never means things can't be different. Win, I don't wanna force this on you but I've felt this energy for 10 years now! You know what you want! How long will you lie to yourself?! ", Bright said and sat upright releasing Win.

The moment Bright started to lift up to leave, he was pulled back.

He turned to meet a pair of soft lips tasting like peaches. The scent of soft daisies filled him as it took him a moment to understand what happened.

Win pulled him close by his both collars.

Bright smoothly snaked his arm around on Win as he dipped a kneeling Win to kiss him deeper.

Win's attempts to not open his mouth left hanging, the moment Bright dipped him. Win's lips parted as Bright took over his body with that tongue that was desperate to explore every part of Win.

It wasn't soon that they both were out of breath. Bright was quick to continue the kiss after the first breath but Win swiftly placed his hands on Bright's mouth to refrain.

Bright kissed Win's hand until it reached Win's lips. There were just slim fingers between another round of both of their ten years of desperation.

"I think we should stop. ", Win whispered.

"This isn't the end, it's just a break", Bright warned as he sat Up straight bringing Win with him.

He stood up and looked around with his hands on his waist.

"Looks like that spider of yours wants to sneak on you", he said.

Win just looked at him as he was already pre-consumed in thoughts of what just happened.

"Looks like you need to sleep in my room for today", Bright's smirk was evident in the tone of his voice.

Win hesitated at the door of Bright's room, "I'm not sure. Maybe I can sleep on the couch?", he asked.

"Don't worry the walls are soundproof", Bright said as he pulled Win inside while closing the door on his back.

_____________

Teaser: "You guys talked about me while having sex?", Ann asked like a dumbass.

"Why does your friend think we had sex?", Bright asked pointing at Win.

Random Question: Have you guys ever been to Thailand or have tried Thai snacks?