#6: Cottage Cafe & Rick Astley

The car ride was supposed to be silent and it was living up to its expectations till the time Bright spoke up. 

"So how was your day?", Bright asked casually.

"It was uh... like usual except the fact that people kept looking and whispering around me.", Win eyed Bright.

Bright just gave out a small laugh at that. 

"So, why does your friend thinks we had sex?"

Win almost jumped from his seat due to Bright's abruptness. "Wha-? What?!"

"Well, as she said..."

"Yeah, she just got a dirty mind. Don't worry about that.", Win said quickly.

"So Lee?", Win added.

"What about him?", Bright glanced at Win before going back to the road.

"I mean I've never heard of  him"

"Oh. He's been a good friend since old times. Like a brother, just the way Ann is to you."

"That's good. So why are we not on the Suttap Road? It's the shortest way to home.",  Win asked.

"We're not going home yet.", Bright announced.

"What?! Then where are you taking me?"

"Easy baby bro. You say it like I'm kidnapping you!", Bright laughed.

"Do you really think that isn't a possible scenario to happen?", Win arched an eyebrow.

"In a way, yes. I can kidnap you. After all, you look like this cute dish of a child, anyone can kidnap you.", Bright shrugged at Win's gaped face.

"Just drop me off right now, I don't feel safe with you anymore.", Win said jokingly.

Bright laughed. "Chill. We're going to a hidden cafe."

"Is your hidden cafe in a dungeon?"

"You're one funny cookie. No. It's a small cottage cafe on the outskirts of the city and you'll love it. Plus, since I got to know that Garlic Breadsticks are your favorite I wanted to take you here. The grandma here makes the best of all time."

Win nodded. Soon both of them were standing in front of a small cottage made up of round water stones and a cute cone gray roof. The door had a round window cut out in four parts like fairy tales. 

Win's eyes were lit by the golden bulbs that hang through the cottage in the dark which made it hard for Bright to take his eyes off Win. He looked intrigued. With all that goes in their family and with Father, Bright suspected him to not have explored much.

I wanna show you the world. These words never dared to come out from him even though they were all that he had in his head at that moment.

They both walked in to inhale the smell of freshly baked bread as the inside of the cottage was the warmest thing Win could've ever imagined. The inside was lit by yellow hanging lights and all the chairs and tables were bare wood. The floor was also made with water stones. In the left corner was a Jukebox. Something Win has seen only in movies.

An old lady popped out from the back of a store & wooden counter surprising Win. She greeted Bright. It was the first time for Win to see such women who have withered so much with time. But there was no doubt that even time wasn't able to wash over her beauty.

"Grandma one plate cheese garlic sticks and a croissant basket.", Bright ordered.

Both of the boys took a seat in the middle of the place as the place was empty. 

"I can't believe a place like this can exist in Bangkok.", Win commented as he inhaled in.

"I knew you'd like it.", Bright smiled at Win.

Soon the food was there and Win felt like heaven after he tasted the best Garlic Breadsticks in his life. 

"I can't believe this place is not popular.", Win said with his mouth full.

"There was a time this place was packed all the time. But since those modern and readymade bread cafes started taking over the food business and in this fast-moving lifestyle, people forgot the freshness and the magic of freshly made loaves of bread.", Bright explained.

"I can't term it any better than heaven in here.", Win said still stuffing his face as Bright smiled.

"Actually, I'm thinking of making this place big! When I'll take up after Father I'll use the land we crossed in front to open a much larger place for Grandma and her son. To retrain all this good food."

"But that way, it'll all lose its vibe and warmth. It'll be like those same old modern cafes", Win pointed.

"I know but the main magic of this place is food and that'll be saved. I'm thinking of the same interior as this cottage so it can help with the vibe thing but letting this beauty sink in darkness would be a crime."

"I agree."

"If you think of it properly, this is our first date.", Bright as Win choked.

Bright laughed as he passed some water to Win.

"We're not dating!"

"I know. You think I would call this dating without giving you a big proposal?", Bright leaned in and smirked.

Win just turned his face which was bright red as he felt blood rush to his ears. Bright suddenly got up and went to the Jukebox. He tossed a dime inside and chose the song.

Win threw his head back in the first note as he recognized the song instantly.

"You're kidding me right?", Win said between laughter as Bright started his lousy tap dance at Never Gonna Give You Up by  Rick Astley. 

Bright pulled Win up from his seat as they both started swaying to the beats lightly while Bright sang the song along. Just had Win known that Bright meant every word he sang to him. 

It was getting late and both of them were not in the slightest of the mood to leave but they have to eventually. Bright paid up and took Win home while they both jammed on The Backstreet Boys the whole ride. 

Father was standing at the gate as Win entered the house. 

"What were you...", Father halted his yelling at the sight of Bright preceding Win.

Father's voice came down low as he asked, "Were you two together?"

"Yeah, I took him for a meal", Bright informed.

"It's not safe to be home this late, be careful next time.", Father said and walked away.

Bright turned to see Win's shocked face with his sight following Father.

"What happened?", Bright asked.

"He didn't scold me just because I was with you! That's unfair."

"I know. But don't worry you'll obviously stick to my side all the time now. No more scolding for you baby bro.", Bright Winked and left a flushed Win froze at the entrance of their mansion.

__________

Teaser: Win being pinned to the front door of their house after a makeout session is one image that got stored in Bright's head, which can be used any time to bring out the fire in him.

Random Question: What pronouns do you all use?