Kodak Lake

After hearing my mom's phone conversation, my mood had diminished drastically. Not that is was the greatest mood to begin with, but now I was just in a slump. I was sulking on the couch when Evan came in from the garage where he was helping his dad work on his old car. He was covered in black grease with his long hair pulled back in a ponytail. I know it sounds strange, but the dirty, greasy look suited him well and had my mood lifting slightly.

I rose from my seat, creeping into the kitchen in time to see him grabbing two beers from the fridge. As he stood, his eyes found mine and he sighed, setting the beers on the counter. He stalked over to me, pulling me into his body as his lips fell on mine and his hands gripped my ass, lifting me from the ground and forcing me to wrap my legs around his waist.

With his hands supporting me, I placed my hands on either side of his face, trying to kiss him deeper. Letting my hands travel around his neck, I pulled his hair out and wrapped my fingers into his brown strands.

"What are you doing, Red?" He pulled away only enough to look in my eyes, his lips still touching mine.

"I – I don't know anymore." I closed my eyes and pressed my lips to his again, just as Patrick's voice called for Evan, wondering what was keeping him.

I jumped from his grasp as the garage door swung open, revealing an irritated Patrick. Upon seeing me, he smiled but concern soon appeared in his gaze as he looked between the two of us.

"Hey, Hannah Banana!" His eyes went to his son and hardened when they locked eyes, "Evander, the beer?"

Evan pulled my arm and my heart stopped, thinking he was going to do something in front of his father. A sigh of relief escaped my lips when he just pulled the ponytail holder off of my wrist to pull his hair back again. His eyes met mine upon hearing me sigh and a brow rose in response.

"Evan," his father warned.

"Yeah, Dad, I'm coming." He sounded irritated and I took that as my cue to leave the room. I turned to head upstairs and could hear the tell-tale sound of Patrick smacking Evan in the back of his head.

"What the hell did you do?" Patrick was scolding Evan. But what for? Did he hear something?

I stopped on the bottom step and waited to hear his reply.

"I didn't do anything. Why the hell do you keep hitting me?"

Patrick's voice dropped a few octaves, "You didn't do anything, huh? Care to explain the back of her pants then?"

The back of my pants?

I turned to the hall mirror behind me and checked my pants. I had to hold back a gasp at the sight of the greasy handprints on my ass.

Evan groaned, "I don't know, dad. I didn't do anything!"

A few minutes of silence passed before Patrick groaned in frustration, "We can't tell Amy. She wouldn't let you in the house again."

"Dad, I'm telling you, there's nothing to tell. You're imagining things."

"Evan, she's going to be your sister." I could hear Evan getting irritated.

"You think I don't know that?" His voice was getting louder. "I don't need the fucking reminder!"

The sound of his boots hitting the ground got nearer and nearer as he approached the front door to leave. His eyes met mine as he passed the stairs, but he didn't stop. He just looked away and walked outside.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Sorry I left without talking to you." Evan's voice came through the phone. "What was it you wanted to talk about anyway?"