Meeting Lord Parshuram

A year later, Mahendragiri Parvat

A thirteen years old boy was climbing the dense forest of Mahendragiri Parvat. The forest was dense and dark and even the seasoned warriors also did not dare to come to the forest or more specifically in the vicinity of the mountain. The mountain is the abode of Lord Parshuram and even Devs and Asurs were also scared of his temper. However, this kid had no fear in his mind as he knew he ran out of his options. Since his journey from Dandkaranya, he visited many Gurus to learn Sashtras and weaponry. But every time he was rejected based on his caste. Nut Karna was adamant, he would learn only from that person who would never discriminate against him based on his caste and would respect his talent. At last, he reached Mahendragiri Parvat where Lord Parshuram resided. The local villagers who lived in the foothill warned him not to disturb the angry Brahmin as after Parshuram's fight with Bheesm he decided not to take any student and many princes tried their luck to be his pupil but Lord Parshuram rejected them all. But Karna was determined. He would not give up before trying. He almost reached the peak but it was getting dark and the forest was unknown. So he decided to take shelter in a tree for a night and would travel in the morning.Karna climbed in a big tree and bound himself with the branches so that he could not fall from the tree while sleeping. He lived in forests for long time so he knew how to survive in such a dangerous place.   

At midnight suddenly Karna woke up from his sleep. He heard someone talking under the tree. They were talking in a very hushed tone but Karna's hearing was very sharp.

1st voice, 'I think we lost our way. Parshuram's Ashram is nearby but the forest is do dark.'

2nd voice, 'We have to reach there this night. We have to steal that wepon.'

1st voice, 'Shhh...quite, winds also have ears. If Parshuram comes to know about our plans, he will burry us alive.'

2nd Voice, 'No one is here. And if you are so scared then why did you come to steal Lord Parshuram's Axe? I fact I am not sure if we can lift that Axe.'

1st voice, 'I have boon a boon that I can use any celestial weapon. But I need that weapon specially as that is the one which can make me the Samrat.'

Karna was stunned, someone was trying to steal Lord Parshuram's weapon. Impossible...but he himself heard that. He though to inform Parshuram somehow and warned him about the danger.

He decided to wait till dawn as it was dark and he was in an unknown territory. So he waited and in the crack of dawn he climed down from the tree and searched for Lord Parshuram's hu. After few hours of searching he ultimately found a clearing where he a small hut. He went there but did not see anyone. so he decided to wait. Suddenly he sensed that someone was coming behind him. He just jumped on time when someone threw something on him. As Karna jumped out on time he saw that the weapon is a long chain with two stones tied on the town ends. He saw this kind of weapon during his stay with the tribal people which was used to capture the prey.

 He saw this kind of weapon during his stay with the tribal people which was used to capture the prey