Pain, conspiracy and loyalty

'Radheya....Radheya,' a small cute girl wearing a nice sari was running towards a pond in the royal garden of Magadha palace. Beside the pond a lone man was sitting with a grim face.

'Hey Radheya, is it true that your are going to marry? Who is the lucky girl....when I can meet her....will she be my friend as well...well of course after all she will be your wife so my friend as well... will she play with me...I will give her my dolls and play house that you bought for me.' blabbered the little girl.

Radheya or the king of Magadha Aditya smiled, 'Hold on sweetheart...you are giving me headache with all those talking.'

Sohini, king's best friend said, 'Come on Radheya, you should be excited for your marriage. I have seen Sumedh bhaiya (a royal gardener) jumping like a frog when his marriage was fixed with champa didi (another maid). You should also be happy and plan to buy some nice sarees and jewels for your wife.'

Karna smiled at her innocence. Why on earth he needed to think about the bridal gifts. The Royal parents, the ministers and royal treasurers were arranging everything on his behalf. The gifts should befitting his royal status and Dwarka's status. Karna thought ruefully how his life had been changed. He saw his employees, how they saved money to buy some sarees and jewels for their wives. How they planned to surprise their wives by buying something that they liked. But here, he could not do it as he himself was not familiar with his brides choice. He could only give her expensive things to maintain her status as the queen of Magadha. Even if wanted, he could not take her to a village fair and buy her sweets, he could not buy flower garlands and tie it in her hair, could not give her some handmade payels....that were the things that Vrushali liked. He even during his life in Rangamati, dreamed to do these all to her when they got married. But now everything had been changed, his Vrushali was not here and he from a village boy Radheya changed to Magadhraj Aditya.

'Radheya, Radheya....where did you lost?' He heard Sohini's voice, 'Radheya I will make a beautiful garland for her hair. You shall gift her in your marriage night.' said Sohini excitedly

Karna could not tell her that princess Subhadra might not like it. Though he was not familiar with Subhadra's choice much but one thing was for sure...she liked expensive jewels and fine silks. After all she was the princess of Dwarka. Karna smiled and said, 'I don't know if she will like it. After all she is a princess.'

Sohini, 'But you, Radha kaki, Susshala didi like my garlands and you are also royals.'

Karna, 'But all royals are not like us dear. Most of them like to show off their jewels. To them, jewels and dresses have more value than others lives or emotions.'

Sohini, 'Then I will pray to Mahadev to give you a princess who will love you unconditionally not your jewels.'

Karna, 'That is not possible dear, I will marry only once and as I am going to marry Dwarka princess, I cannot look at any other woman in my entire life.'

Sohini (sadly), 'Then why are you marrying the princess?'

Karna, 'Cause I am a king dear and a king has to think about his kingdom. But you don't worry, I am okay.'

Sohini, 'No Radheya you are not okay, I may be small but I know that you are sad. But don't worry, you will see, Mahadev will definitely help you. Ma says he always listen to our prayers when we do our Somvar Vrat. Till now I did the Vrat and I will ask Mahadev to give everything good to you. He will listen to me.'

Karna smiled and hugged his friend. This little girl understood his pain but not others. His parents were happy as they thought now he could forget Vrushali, his ministers thought about the welfare of the kingdom. But only Sohini thought like a true friend of Radheya and he was grateful for that.