Next step

Hastinapur,

All the Kuru princes, Aswatthama and their elders returned to Hastinapur. Everytime the HP army returned to their capitol after a war, the entire city got decorated like a new bride to welcome their army who returned victorious after the war, celebrations were organized. The Royal family prepared a royal feast (though among the citizens, only upper class were invited), the Commanders of the  army were rewarded. But now everything seemed like a distant past. For the first time after King's Shantunu's coronation, the HP army was not only defeated badly but their pride was completely shattered. If their army was defeated by a Kshatriya, then maybe...maybe they could have a balm on their royal ego that it was someone their equal, who defeated them. But after getting such an insult from a mere Suta and some tribals, no it was not something they could forget even in their dreams. 

The Royals were standing in front of the palace, Kunti, Vidur, Kripacharya were eagerly waiting for the Pandavas and Bheesm. Dhritarashtra along with Sanjay was also there. Gandhari was crying silently. First her sons and now her daughter was trapped in Magadha. She was more sad because of her families' indifferent attitude towards her daughter. She knew that in Kuru family the women were only used as a tool to gain something. Her family was also thinking of marrying Dusshala to some strong kingdom to gain political advantages. But now just to save their warriors' skin they sent her daughter to an enemy kingdom, not as a bride but a war prize. 'How could they do that?' She just wondered. When the Magadhraj demanded they just agreed as their princes were more important than a daughter. She even asked Vidur, why they did not fight against it? But he replied, 'Maharani, you know it is the duty of the women to sacrifice for their family. Today your daughter is going to save her brothers' and Pitamaha's life. It is a Punya. It is her good luck that she gets the chance.'

Gandhari, 'Punya, Good luck...if I am not wrong, it was you Vidur who tagged my kids as bad omen...bad lucks. Now when the time comes to save the warriors, you turned my daughter as a good luck. You are Kuruvanshis....the most powerful kingdom. And now you are bowing in front of Magadha and want to sacrifice my bad omen of daughter for that.'

Dhritarashtra, 'Gandhari, I know you are upset but think logically. Girls' are always sent to other household. You know one day she has to go away, so now why are you blaming us.'

Gandhari (screamed), 'I am blaming you because you all did not even try to save my daughter. You all are waiting for the sons to return but not a single one is thinking about my daughter.'

Kunti, 'Jiji, please I know you are upset, but think of your son. Because of Dusshala, they are all coming back.'

Gandhari, 'Yes, our sons are safe but what about my daughter? When Magadha demanded her, you all agreed. For once , why did not you ask him to atleast take our daughter as a bride not as a war prize?'

All of them just remained quite. True, when the king asked for Dusshala, they could persuade him to atleast let her marry to any Kshatriya in his kingdom. But they were so busy to have the prisoners back that they did not think about it.

Present time,

All the former prisoners returned to the palace. Kunti when saw her sons specially Bheem's condition, ran to him and hugged him.

Kunti, 'What happened? Who did this to Bheem?'

No body answered, a suta defeated Bheem and forced Bheesma to whip him was too much to handle.

All the princes, Aswatthama, Drona and Bheesm were sent to the royal infirmary to treat for the injuries. Though they were treated in Magdha but again the royal doctors checked them. 

In the evening everyone was gathered in the private meeting room. Then Dhritarashtra asked, 'Tatshri, how did this happened? I mean you all are defeated....?'