chapter 3

(a/n- i dont know how to cook)

"Um so, what are we supposed to do first?" Todoroki asks me.

I put my phone against the counter wall so we can see the recipe. "It says here to put the dashi, mirin and sugar to a boil on medium heat." I say, reading off the website.

"Should we put the ghost pepper stuff in beforehand?" Todoroki asks.

"Yup. Let's put some in the soy sauce bottle and shake it up." I say, grabbing the extract and the soy sauce.

"Make sure not to leave it in the kitchen after, though." He says, looking at the recipe.

"Yeah, okay." I say as I mix the two. I think he worries about other people too much.

"Okay, so how do we know if it's boiling?" He asks.

"Have you never fucking cooked before?"

"No."

"Oh. That explains it. You'll know when it's bubbling."

"Okay, while it boils lets grate the daikon and and chop the onions." I say, already halfway done with grating the daikon.

"I'll chop the onion." Todoroki says, grabbing a knife from the knife sharpener box thing.

"Alright. I'm almost done grating the daikon." I say. We do our tasks in quiet, until I look over and see his slow ass choppily cutting the onion.

"What are you doing, you idiot? That's not how you do it." I say, walking over to him.

"It's not?" He asks.

"No, you do it like this." I say, coming behind him and moving his hands the way it needs to be done. "And don't do it slow either."

"Bakugou... you're too close..." He says, averting his eyes.

"Do I make you uncomfortable?" I say, resting my head on his shoulder as he chops the correct way.

"No... it's just what if someone sees us? What if Deku sees?"

"All the better." I say. I guess it's not hard to make a cold boy blush.

"We're baaaack!" A voice rings out. It's Uraraka again.

"Just stay like this for a sec, Bakugou." Todoroki says.

"Alright." I agree. I help him chop the onions better, since he's getting a little choppy. I might not like him, but I can't stand to be around a Deku who is into me.

I see Deku and Uraraka walk by the kichen out of the corner of my eye, and I pretend I'm focused on teaching Todoroki how to chop onions.

"I think that's enough onions, right?" Todoroki asks.

"Yup." I say, taking the cue to back away. I hope Deku saw that.

"Okay, looks like it's boiling I think now too." He says nodding towards the stove.

"Alright, now add the sugar, dashi, mirin and the soy sauce." I tell him. I add the soy and mirin and he adds the rest. "Good job. Now we have to boil some water."

"How much?" He asks

"Two quarts. And we need ice too. A big bowl of it." I tell him.

"I'll get the ice." Todoroki says.

"That's what I thought."

"You can get the ice then."

"No." I say, filling up a pot with water.

We cook the noodles and let them sit in the ice, since Todoroki insisted on cold soba. We add some more pepper extract to the dipping sauce to make sure it's spicy.

"Are you ready to try it?" I ask him excitedly when it's finally ready. We're sitting at the counter about to try it. I think it might've actually turned out good.

"I guess. I don't know if I'll be able to eat it if it's too spicy." He says, dipping his noodles into the mix.

"Make sure you get a lot on them." I say, dipping mine extra. "Ready?"

"Yep." He says, and he and I both eat our noodles.

"Oh wow, that's really spicy. So spicy I could cry." I say. I think we might've overdone it. Todoroki isn't taking it half as well.

"Bakugou, I dont wanna cook with you again." He says, coughing. His face is so red I can't help but burst out laughing.

"You look so fuckin' stupid right now!" I say, laughing.

"Your face is red too!" He chokes out. I keep laughing and pretend I don't hear him.

I finally give in and go get him some milk from the fridge. I can't be responsible for someone's death if I'm going to become number one.

"You know Bakugou, I think that's the first time I've ever seen you laugh. Or truly smile." Todoroki says.

"I smile all the time."

"When."

"I don't know, but I do!" I say, raising my voice a little.

"I think that maybe we could actually be friends." He says, taking a drink of his milk.

"I still hate you. You're just helping me get Deku off my back." I say nonchalantly.

"Yeah, that's right." Todoroki says, sounding a bit disappointed. Did he actually want to be real friends with me? I don't need any friends here, they're all just stepping stones for me to get to the top.

"Anyways, we can hang out again sometime. Let's go feed this stuff to Kaminari or someone." I suggest.

"God Bakugou, are you trying to kill him?" Todoroki asks sarcastically.

"Yes, I am." I say, putting some more soba on a plate and the sauce in a bowl. "So are you coming or not?"

"I'm coming."