chapter 6

"What the hell is that?" Todoroki whispers as a creepy figure in the mirror appears.

"I don't know." I whisper back. The thing gets clearer and the actor looks behind her, only to find no one is there.

"It looks scary." Todoroki says.

"It's a fucking nun!" I say, jumping closer to Todoroki. "I'm not scared or anything like that, I just ah, I'm cold."

"Well, I thought it was scary too. I was hiding my face." He admits, and I relax a bit.

-
-
-

"What the fuck is that in the hallway?" I whisper yell. Kaminari wasn't wrong about this.

"It's the goddamn nun!" Todoroki whisper yells.

I turn to my side so my face is in Todoroki's shoulder. I'm not scared just... cold.

"I hate this." Todoroki says.

"Pussy."

"Says the one who just yelled and looked away."

"I'm just cold! You're pretty warm, at least on this side." I say.

"Since you're cold how about we just," he says as he takes my hand. "Now you shouldn't be cold."

"I'll blow your hand up." I say, my heartbeat quickening. I've never exactly held hands with anybody. But holding hands as friends is normal, I see it in movies and books sometimes.

"You won't. Friends don't blow up eachothers hands."

"Once you and Deku get together we won't be friends anymore." I remind him.

"I know." He says in a softer voice.

The movie continues with more scary nun sightings. I guess having someone's hand to squeeze when your scared isn't that bad. Maybe being friends with him isn't that bad.

"That was scary, I don't know how I'm gonna sleep tonight." Todoroki says as the credits roll.

"Me either. By the way, if any of this gets out, I'll wring your neck." I threaten.

"I think we missed dinner too." Todoroki says.

"Oh yeah, we usually eat earlier on Mondays."

"Let's go downstairs and get something."

"Yeah." I say, releasing my grip on his hand. Being scared with someone is actually kind of fun.

We go downstairs, and find almost everyone else watching TV in the common room.

"Hey guys!" Raccoon eyes says as we walk downstairs, and I flip her off in response.

"Wanna watch with us?" Kaminari asks.

"We missed dinner, so we're gonna make something to eat first. Then we will." Todoroki says, heading to the kitchen.

"Who is we?" I ask.

"You and me. You should interact with the class more." He tells me.

"Stop lecturing me. You're not my mother."

"Just a suggestion."

"Fuck off."

"Do you want a sandwich?"

"Yes."

"If I make you one you have to come watch with us." He says as I sit down at the counter.

"Fine. I want ham and cheese." I tell him.

"Okay." He agrees.

"If I'm going to watch, you're gonna go sit by Deku." I tell him, laying my head down on the counter. "Don't be a loser, talk to him."

"Ah- fine." He says. I could tell he was about to protest.

"That's why you're not getting anywhere. You keep letting him slip away." I tell him.

"I know that. I'm trying my best."

I sigh. "I know. Your best just needs to be a little better." More like a lot better.

He gets done making the sandwiches, and we go to watch whatever the rest of the class is watching. I go to sit by Kirishima and he goes to sit by Deku. He finally did what he was told.

"What were you guys doing all day?" Kirishima asks quietly.

"They were probably fucking." Kaminari says.

"You better shut it or I'll fucking murder you." I threaten.

"So then what were you doing?" Kirishima asks again.

"Studying." I lie.

"Oh, okay." He says.

"I still think they were going at it." Kaminari whispers audibly to Sero.

"You're a dead man, Kaminari." Sero whispers back.

"It's a joke! I know you would never do that Bakugou! You don't even like Todoroki!" He stammers.

"Fuck off." I say, and cross my arms over my chest. He's right. I don't even like Todoroki. That much.

He's not as bad as some of the people in my class. Maybe I would choose him to partner up with during training or a project, but that's about it. I think back to earlier today while we were watching the movie when he held my hand. And then, I realize he held my hand. That fucker. That was the first time I had ever held hands with anybody! It did make me warmer, and it made my heart flutter a bit. But, that only happened because it got warmer.

"Kacchan? Are you okay?" Deku says, waving his hand infront of my face.

"Fuck off. I'm fine." I say, crossing my arms over my chest. I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice that Kirishima got up, and evidently he was sitting next to Deku.

"It's just... you look really red." He says.

"Well I'm not. It's the glow from the TV." I lie again.

"Oh, okay. So, what were you and Todoroki doing all afternoon?"

"Studying. What's it to you?"

"But we had study hall just before that?" He says.

"We didn't really get that much done, so Bakugou and I decided to study by ourselves." Todoroki says to him. I lean forward and glare at him. I wouldn't have to be questioned like I'm in a fucking police station if he hadn't insisted on hanging out with me.

Awhile later, everyone goes back to their rooms. I decide to go on my phone and text Todoroki.

Bakugou
we are never hanging out again

Todoroki
yes we will
lets hangout after our extra lessons

Bakugou
i hate you

I turn my phone off and let out an exasperated sigh. I should've never agreed to this.