chapter 7

All throughout the week, Todoroki and I acted as friends. We talked to eachother during class, we texted, all friend things. Kaminari asked his dumbass questions, and I threatened him. But, throughout the week I'm sure he got closer to Deku too.

"Finally, it's Friday. I'm so glad we have two free days." Kaminari says at our lunch table.

"Too bad you have extra lessons, Bakugou." Kirishima says.

"Shut it."

"Kaminari, you almost had extra lessons too." Sero reminds him.

"But I didn't, and thats what matters." He says. "Anyway, do you know if Todoroki's made any progress with Deku? I see you guys talking a lot."

"You like to gossip too much. Why don't you just go ask Hagakure?" I say, annoyed.

"I'm thinking he has." Sero says. "He told me he's even been talking to Uraraka less. I feel bad for her, but I'm rooting for Todoroki."

"My bet is on Uraraka. Does he even like guys?" Kaminari says.

"He does. Todoroki told me." I say.

"1000 yen he gets with Uraraka." Kaminari offers.

"I'm in." Sero says.

"We shouldn't bet on our friends." Kirishima says.

"What about you, Bakugou?" Kaminari says.

I think for a minute. "Sure, I'm betting on Uraraka."

"So you guy'll have to both pay me if it's Todoroki!" Sero says.

"And you pay us if it's not." I remind him.

"We should see if anyone else wants to bet." Kaminari says.

"Bet on what?" I look behind me to see the voice, and it's Deku.

"Oh! Well, it's really nothing! Don't worry about it!" Kirishima says, covering for Kaminari.

"Oh, cool." He says, and walks back to his table.

"See? This is why you don't bet on people!" Kirishima says.

"Oops." Kaminari says, shrugging his shoulders.

-

The next day in the car, Todoroki asks me what they were betting on. Deku needs to stay in his lane, and stay out of my damn business.

"Ummm, I don't know if you'll like this, but we were betting on wether you or Uraraka would get with Deku." I tell him.

"You bet on me at least, right?" He sighs.

"Yeah." I lie. I don't know, but something just didn't feel good about betting on him. It was a bitter feeling.

"So, can we hang out after training?" Todoroki asks me as we walk into the building.

"Fine." I agree.

"Good." He says. "You didn't even fight me on it this time."

"Yeah, so?" I say, and he just smiles at me. "Stop."

He sighs and walks infront of me and into the locker room. What is up with him?

After training and the car ride, we walk together silently back into the dorms.

"Why are you so quiet? And why have you been smiling so much? It's creeping me out." I say to him.