Ch. 30

Stiles was trying not to lose his temper as he searched for his favorite pillow. But sometimes it was like Scott's main goal in life was to make him angry. He had, after all, been doing it for years so he was an expert.

"Okay so don't be scared"  Scott exclaimed for the hundredth time.

Stiles could only breathe deeply and respond "I'm not scared"

"I'm just saying man it's okay to freak out"

"I don't need to freak out Scott, I need to put my bags in the car"

"Listen we can talk about this if you're worried. It's kind of a big deal going on vacation for the first time. You're stuck in a foreign place with this person, some times you can't get away and they could start to drive you crazy an-" Stiles chuckled beneath his breath, he was starting to think perhaps his friend was talking more about his own relationship and not Stiles' "I wanted to kill Isaac the first time we went away together so it is natural to-"

"Scott! Derek and I have been together for some time now. And we've lived together for months. I think we have a shot at being somewhat okay" Stiles tried, shoving his pillow under his arm pit and heading for the door.

Outside, Derek, sexy as ever, was basking in the warm sun letting his biceps flex and pop as he loaded their few bags into the trunk. Stiles couldn't help but bite down on his lip as his eyes traveled down his body then back up again "Babe! There you are" Derek shouted across the yard, glancing through his dark sun glasses at Stiles and his friend "I'm sorry guys but we've really gotta get on the road"

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry. Just had to grab my pillow" Derek just shook his head with a fond smile before swiping the object and heading back to the car. Turning to lock up their home Stiles found Scott still waiting, leaning against the door frame "What?"

"Nothing" he responded, throwing his hands up in defense. A fond look on his face as he watched Stiles lock the front door. With a fake sob he pinched at Stiles' mole covered cheeks "Nothing at all. Just proud, my little birdie is leaving the nest. Going on vacation with his very own boyfriend to have sex—I'm proud"

Choking out a laugh Stiles not so nicely slapped the boys hand away "Oh screw off. I'll see you in a couple days. Stay out of my house" he tried to order but somehow knew Scott wasn't going to listen.

"So" Stiles began as he buckled his seat belt "Cape Cod"

Stiles stared out the window and watched the town go by as Derek hummed along to a song on the radio. The ride wasn't necessarily uncomfortable, just quiet. Stiles tried not to wonder why things were like that, so quiet he means. Because if he did he would wonder if it was because neither of them wanted to talk about the anticipation that came with their getaway. They were having sex this weekend, there was no doubt in his mind about that. Stiles was ready and Derek's been trying to jump him every since he said so. That didn't change the fact that both Derek and Stiles were nervous about it, the latter more so and for obvious reasons.

So he let his mind drift to other things, the smell of the sea in the air, the smile on Derek's face as he rubbed at Stiles' thigh on and off throughout the drive. Aside from the events to come Stiles was excited about going away with Derek, letting it just be them. Now that he thought about it their friends had always played a big role in their relationship, in the beginning it had rarely ever just been them.

Things were going to be good, Stiles was determined for things to be.

The were greeted as soon as the two hit the door. Stiles wondered if it was because Derek looked like some sort of badass super start in his tight shirt, leather jacket and dark sunglasses.

"Here's your room Mr. Hale"

Stiles didn't want to be the downer of the trip but he was in a strange place and needed to be comfortable so he left Derek with the bell boy on his pursuit to scope out the suite. Everything seemed fine and dandy and he would be ready to start their vacation. That was until he swung open the bathroom door to an unpleasant sight "Um Derek"

"Everything okay?" Derek called out, he and the bellboy rushing back to meet Stiles. There were ants covering the bathroom floor all on a mission to attack a leftover bag of candy in the bathroom.

A slur of apologies rushed from the employee's mouth as he started to load back up their luggage without question. It wasn't long before they were in front of another door ready to try this again.

"I hope this room works better for you two. I am so sorry again"

Before either men could even open their mouths a bang came and Stiles was jumping into Derek's arms. Outside their window a homeless man was knocking on the glass "Roses!! Five bucks for these roses!" All they had to do was chance a glance at each other then they were walking from the room once again.

The sun was beginning to set when they were finally able to unload in their last room. It was on the opposite side of the building two more floors up, and free of creepy crawlies. Stiles was sad to admit it, but he was checked out for the night mentally and physically.

"I'm sorry. I didn't plan for this" Derek sighed pulling Stiles down onto the mattress. He had plopped down as soon as he dismissed their helper of the day. It was a rocky start but Stiles let himself be manhandled into his boyfriends lap until he was staring back into hazel eyes and smiled sleepily.

"Neither of us did. But-" Stiles began, just as he realized Derek was leaning in to kiss him. Maybe he was trying to start things earlier, or maybe he wasn't but Stiles was having trouble keeping his body up right.

"But?"

Stiles could only rub his hands over Derek's broad shoulders as an apology "But I'm kind of out of it, I think I need a nap"

"Of course. We don't want you getting crabby"

"I do not get crabby"

They slept the rest of the afternoon away.

Derek's alarm was what woke them eventually. Stiles squirmed from Derek's hold to silence the fog horn imitation ringing throughout the room. The curtains were drawn keeping the room dark and cold. Stiles was going to attempt to get up before Derek was yanking him back into the sheets. He buried his nose in Stiles' hair, laying there a few minutes more. Derek was warm and comfy and smelled like their home "C'mon you caveman we have to get up" he encouraged, not sure he'd want to leave if they stayed any longer.

Derek's voice crackled as he spoke into the darkness "What time is it?"

"Almost nine, I'm starving"

"Room service?"

"No, babe. Let's go out, I wanna explore. That is the point of a vacation after all isn't it?"

Sighing Derek sat up pecking Stiles' pout away "Anything for you cutie. Let's just shower first"