VIII

I ran. I moved down the hall as fast as my legs would take me. The sound of a running chainsaw never getting any further away. LJ's mad laugh being echoed by Tammy's broken giggles was the stuff of nightmares. The girls footsteps pounded in rythem with my own. They were toying with me. Who in this god forsaken mansion would be an ally? They all kill people for fun... Jane was willing to hide me but I already burned that bridge. Jess wouldn't miss a chance to knock me around. LJ and Tammy were obviously not on my side. Benny.... Out of the question. That leaves EJ and Angel. Me and Angel haven't really talked so EJ might be a better option. Not paying much attention as I weigh my options, I slide to a stop, barely avoiding the knife that wizzed past my face. I look at the door on my right, where the blade came from to see Jess grinning madly.

Jess: Rematch time baby.

I turn to escape her only to be cut off by LJ and Tammy.

Synthavo: I just can't catch a break. Can I?

Stuck between the three homicidal lady's, I knew I'd have to fight my way out of this. I open the void and the familiar hilt of the inquisitors sword slides out. I draw the blade, accompanied by blood and the sound of rending flesh. I put the sword in my left hand, the short blad juttering out further to the left. My eyes darted back and forth between the two sides. On my left was a skilled fighter with crazy strength. To my right a team comprised of the two most unpredictable girls in the house. The stand off broken when Jess rushed me. I deflected the first of her slashes with the sword only to get tossed to the floor by the weight of a hatcher burying itself in my right shoulder. Jess didn't hesitate, she straddle me and rapidly began jabbing her knife at me. I rolled my head back and forth to avoid most of the stabs and sent the rest into the void.

Jess: go.... To... SLEEP!

Synthavo: not a chance smile's!

Me and Jess fell into my void, the weightless space allowing me to get form under her. The inquisitors bleeding out not far from where we are. I slung the sword and it slid back into its living sheath. Jess was struggling to balance herself in the emptiness when I flicked my wrist and she was launched backwards out of my void.

Synthavo: alright plan. Jess is the biggest threat. LJ or Tammy I can handle but together they become an actual issue, and if I get trapped like that I'll be in big trouble.

I pulled the hatchet out of my shoulder and watched the discoloured blood flow back in to the sealing wound.

Synthavo: I'll return right back to where I left from and try to Divided those two. Then I'll find EJ and hope she'll help me deal with Jess.

I nodded to myself and exited the void hatchet in hand. The two had somewhat spread out through the hall to find me. I snuck up on Tammy, but get stopped when LJ lunges at me from across the room. I turn quickly and open the void. As she vanished I could hear a faint splash down the hall. Befor I could continue my assault I was caught in the side of the head by a solid kick. I stumbled back and turn around blindly swinging. The backside of the hatchet made contact with Tammy's head which sent her crashing into the wall and collapsing onto the floor. I dropped the hatchet and quickly started making sure she was okay, but was assured she was fine when she started snoring.

Synthavo: Alright so far so good. Next up is–

LJ: I'm gonna carve you open and stuff you full of candy!

I turned and saw a dripping wet Laughing Jill grinning a mad grin. She had abandoned the chainsaw and instead swiped at me with razor sharp claws that slashed through the air. I stumbled backwards and blocked the claws with the handle of Tammy's hatchet. She wasn't giving me many openings to work with and I couldn't keep this up forev– SNAP –er. The hatchet was smashed in half and Jill's wicked claws raked across my chest. She licked the green fluid clean from her claw as I winced in agony. She didn't give me a second to think before plunging her claw into my chest. I open a rift into the void just larg enough to fit the hand before closing it. Jill struggled to free her hand from the nothingness as I bolted backwards.

Synthavo: where would EJ be? Where's her room? Come on, come on!

I ran, not slowing down for even a second. I could hear LJ not far behind, though I have no idea how she freed herself from the grasping hole in reality, but I wasn't about to sit around to find out. I quickly rushed into the first room I saw, playing a loosing gamble I flung the door open to..... Shit. EJ's blue mask laid on her bed along with a hoodie and a white Tee, all notably not on EJ. She stared at me with the gaping holes she called eyes, here grey skin pink around the cheeks. Her hands were behind her back, presumably trying to clip the bra that seemed to be the only thing maintaining any modesty in the situation. It was only a moment or two that we shared in shocked silence, but that was all it took. While my guard was down I felt the five razors that extended from LJ's hand piece through my sternum. I looked down and the green stained claws jutting out from my chest in horror. As the weapons slid back in, exiting the other end, I chuckled. And the world faded to black.