V

I woke up with Benny laying her head on my chest, surprisingly enough we were on the couch instead of her room. I wasn't planning on beating around the bush this time and just sat up. As I shifted, Benny's head slide down to my lap.

Void: Benny I know your awake

After a few awkward moments of silence, she sat up with a slight pout

Benny: how'd you know?

Void: you landed to perfectly on my lap.

Benny smirked as she got off the couch and kneeled down

Benny: If you want I can make it that much more perfect~

I pinch the bridge of my nose, I was at a complete loss of words at this point. I'd tried to escape, didn't work. Don't want to do it, but she does. I was tired. So instead of my usual dramatic drop into the void, I stood up and walked to the kitchen.

Benny: God your such a kill joy. Just a minute and you'll be in bliss!

Void: not in the mood Benny. Just stop.

She huffed for a minute and dove into the TV. I dug around in the fridge for a minute, I doubt I was asleep that long so It must be early afternoon. I made a quick sandwich befor turning around, only to be met with a piercing black eyed gaze. Jane was definitely the most unsettling of the girls, I could never get a reading on her. She stared at me for a minute, but I didn't dare move. After what felt like an eternity of awkward silence she spoke up.

Jane: the milk

It took me a second or two befor catching on

Void: Oh! Right, yeah the milk.

I stepped aside and Jane grabbed the milk from the fridge. She drank right out of the jug, probably to avoid making dishes befor turning back to me

Jane: Slenda wants you in her office. Now.

Void: thanks for telling me. I'll head there now.

I walked to Slenda's office, knocking three times, then twice, then three more times. after getting the all clear I walk in. I was surprised to see Jess leaned against the wall to my left, fully decked out with the hoodie and everything. Her knife even sat in a strap on her upper left thigh.

Slenda: ah Sythavo! Just who I wanted to see. We're beginning your actual training today. So I am sending you and Jess on a mission together along with Jane.

Void: alright. But how does doing proxie work help me become a better operator?

Slenda: simple, you will have complete authority and command in this mission.

Jess/Void: Wh-What!?

Jess: you want me to listen to the pipsqueak!?

Void: I don't know how to lead!

Both: why!?

Slenda: Jess, this is to better Sythavo. You and Jane will help him realize how to fight, but making him responsible for your lives will help him learn how to lead.

Jess: It's bad enough I have to work with Jane! Now this!? The hell!?

Slenda merely gave a glare, which was enough to quickly silence is both.

Slenda: A couple of church Inquisitors have come into the woods, looking to "purge it's sins". So I want you three to exterminate them.

We both reluctantly nodded befor heading out of the office. We met Jane by the mansion door, prepared to set off. Slenda had sent the location to us telopathicly, so all we had to do was go there and take them out.

Void: I'll get us close by going through my void, we can figure out an attack strategy after we see what were dealing with.

Jane nodded.

Jess: whatever pipsqueak

We agreed and I opened my portal. This way my first time paying it any attention, so it's the first time I've realized what it looks like. It was like reality kinda shift Infront of me, kinda like how a straw looks split when looked at through water. We all three walked in, entering my empty space that we loving called the void. I immediately felt both Jess's and Jane's overwhelming wills to live, it was incredible. They both seemed to refuse death, rather than simply not want to die. We exited the void not far off from the inquisitor camp sight. As we peered in through the trees we managed to get a good look at them. There was a single woman and two men. The men were both dressed in a mix between modern military operative clothes and Crusader style armor. There faces were mostly hidden by the tinted visors of there silver helmet. Each of them was armed with a swiss Sig SG assault rifle. The woman wore a much less modern outfit, rocking a vampire hunter style. She wore a black trench coat over a white button down shirt, pared with a matching pair of black slacks. Blond hair hangs out from under a black fedora, which provides a slight shielding of the view of her red tinted glasses. A blade hangs from her left hip, and a desert eagle sits holstered on her right.

I look over my shoulder at Jess

Void: Jess, you go to the right, Jane you take the left. When you see my signal through your knives into the necks of the two faceless grunts. Once they fall we can worry about taking out miss van hellsing.

They both nod befor heading off to get into position. I gave the three a quick will reading, learning the two men to both be about as insistant to live as any one of the faceless voices of the void, but the woman was different. She had a strong will to live but was prepared to end her own life at the drop of a dime. I smiled and raised my hand, preparing to send out the signal. Once I was sure they were in position I dropped my hand. A void opened up , dropping a bunch of knives, forks, and other bladed kitchen ware onto the inquisitors as a combo of a signle, distraction, and attack.

To be continued....

Lazy Boy: see! Your still conscious at the end of this one!

Void: how long has it been since you updated?

Lazy Boy:..... Right..... Ciao for now!

Void: Bastard!