IX

Everything was dark. I wasn't in my void, but this darkness still felt..... familiar, like the embrace of a mother I never met. I drifted in this comfortable nothing for what felt like an eternity. Was I dead? Did I return to whatever abyss I spawned from? No.... No I refuse to believe that's all it takes to kill me. Slenda said I was an Operator.... It just doesn't seem possible..... I mulled over the idea, rejecting the very possibility that a mere chest wound was all it takes to kill me. And then I felt something, some sort of pull in the back of my mind. It felt like I had forgotten something important. Then with no warning or transition, no movement whatsoever, I found myself staring at the Inquisitor. I hadn't taken much time to analyze her before. Her once blond hair was practically stark white at this point, and her weak pale eyes were clearly once some shade of green but now looked sickly. Her lips had turned blue and her chest heaved in a slow, uneven pace. I could feel it, Even now she refused to die here, we both refused to die. My body moves entirely on instinct as I gripped the hilt of her sword, The wound Immediately igniting in a blue flame. I felt as her will faded, and watched as what little light was left in her eyes went with it. She perished right in front of me, and I felt better than ever. The sword itself was rusty with blood but would likely come in handy in the future so I left it to float in this nothing, which fades into the void I was most familiar with. I closed my eyes, counted down....

Synthavo: 3.... 2..... 1.....

.... And as I slowly opened my eyes I found myself staring up at two familiar faces. On the left was the black and white patterns of Jill, and on the right was the Blank blue mask Of Jackie, both of which looked equal parts concerned and curious.

Synthavo: Pretty sure.... I lost that round....

My voice came out raspy and weak, but LJ slowly broke into a mad crackle as EJ sighed with relief.

EJ: Alright, looks like he'll be fine, not sure if I will with the heart attack you nearly gave me.

LJ: HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH OH MAN YOUR SOMETHING ELSE VOID!

My ears burned a bit, but I managed to push myself up to a sitting position. I was still in the doorway of EJ's room so I sat up against the frame. This mansion made no sense to me because as I looked up, the stairs to the living room were less than ten feet from me, which had me slightly worried as a very grumpy Jess stomped her way up them. She stopped as she reached the top of the stares and looked at me for a few seconds too many before turning and walking the opposite direction. I'll have to deal with that demon later, which reminded me.

Synthavo: I almost forgot, I got something for you EJ.... And I guess anyone else that harvests organs around here.....

I reach out into EJ's room and open a void-way, dropping the preserved corpse of The Inquisitor woman onto her floor with a loud Thud. Here eyeholes widen and she looks at me with shock

EJ: why do you still.... Didn't you guys fight her like, a couple days ago?

Synthavo: yeah... Been leaching off her.... Idk determination? Will to live? Life force? Still not certain on the specifics. But she only just died while I was out if your worried about the organs being fresh or anything like that.

Jill's Laughter grew even louder at this, like this was one of the funniest jokes shed ever heard. Jackie set to work harvesting the bits she needed from the holy corps while I pushed myself up to my feet and began walking down the hall back towards mine and Bennie's room to get some proper sleep

[This scene transition is brought to you by Chibi Void repeatedly poking a dead Inquisitor with a sword like a child poking something with a stick]

3rd person pov
The Crimson Monastery, ??? USA

The shadows clinged to the circle of mysterious figures, the spot light generated by a mosaic of a blood red cross highlights two individuals at the center an incomprehensibly large room. There stands a man, roughly seven feet tall with broad shoulders. A red leather jacket wraps around him, it's high collar covering the bottom of his face. His bald head is decorated with a collection of occult and alchemical symbols, with a holy Cross as the central focal point just above his striking red eyes. His black leather pants and white gloves seem like side thoughts, with the large black cross strapped to his back tying the whole outfit together. To his right, a petit girl leans on him. The girls own striking red eyes stand out against her pale skin and short white hair. Her Black leather pants match her partners, but her white tank top is in stark contrast to his red jacket. While his top covers most of his body, hers exposes her arms, which are coved in the same type of tattoos as his head. The Ancient patterns drawing attention down from her shoulders to the Set of crosses tattooed on the back of each fist. Somewhere from the shadowy circle of individuals surrounding the odd pair a voice speaks up.

????: Whatever infernal presence is in those woods is dangerous. Two templars and an Inquisitor went missing with all attempts to communicate failing. That is why we called for the two of you. Brother Kivosk and Sister Dolkiv, You are to investigate these strange woods. If this is simply a case of hunters going rouge, which we pray it is, then deal with the hieratic traitors appropriately. But if it is a sinister power as we suspect it to be, then purge those acuressed woods of the infernal filth.

Kivosk and Dolkiv in unison: Da

The two heat their chest with their fist Buford pushing the hand out and splaying it open.

Lazy: another chapter just for you lot! Definitely didn't forget.... Nope.... Definitely not......

Synthavo: I swear to what ever deity it is you worship if the next chapter takes literal years I'm going to—

Lazy: THATS ALL THE TIME WE HAVE FOR TODAY! PLEASE REMEMBER TO LIKE THE CHAPTER AND VOTE! Also I wanna do some sort of something since I haven't been floating around much so answer me this: if you had Synthavo's little pocket dimension at your disposal, how would you mostly use it? Think it over and comment your answers! Anyway, ciao for now!