Enemies to Lovers: Wounded

It was quiet on the streets as she limped down the cobblestone path, headed for the small apartment she called home.

The late time made it where everyone was either asleep or had retreated into some hole for the night. She tried to hurry along the road but the slicing pain through her stomach at each step made her journey more difficult.

A trail of red followed behind her, making her location obvious to the one that gave her the wound aching in her belly.

Finally, her eyes fell upon the front entrance to the apartment she was renting and she stumbled her way to the door, struggling to unlock it before tumbling into the room.

She hadn't even thought to close the door behind her as she tripped into her bathroom, coughing up blood as she went.

She reached for the shelf holding her bag of first aid products, stretching the skin around her wound to an excruciating point. She whimpered as her fingers brushed the bottom of the shelf and stumbled backwards into the wall when she could not bear the pain any longer.

Slumped against the wall, she closed her eyes and tried to control her breathing, to regain the strength to try again. But her head was getting fuzzy and she felt her legs begin to wobble.
Before she could fall to the floor strong hands hooked around her waist, hoisting her up onto the counter like she weighed nothing.

She was too tired to open her eyes, and had lost too much blood to fight back anyway. But when she heard her first aid bag unzip and felt the cold stinging of peroxide on her wound her eyes shot open.

Her enemy stood in front of her, his eyes locked on her stomach as he stitched and dressed her wound.

Sterilizing the needle, he held the point to her skin and looked up to her eyes for one moment. Just one second to communicate to her that this would hurt.

She braced herself, bringing her hand up to the back of his neck to wind her fingers into his hair. She couldn't think about how that brought her comfort. Or how his closeness made the pain almost bearable as he dug the needle into her flesh and began to stitch her skin back together.

Her breathing became labored and heavy as he worked and her eyes fluttered shut. She squeezed her fingers around his hair when he hit a sensitive part and whimpered when he pulled the thread tight.

He worked in silence, cutting the thread and bandaging the wound with delicate fingers. She watched his face as he zipped the bag shut, placing it to the side and bringing his hands to her waist.

Her fingers were still tangled into his hair as they locked eyes.

"Why help me?" She asked, suspicious of his kind actions after all they had done to each other.

His eyes became dark as he stared back at her. She waited for his answer, needing to hear what he was thinking more than she thought possible.

But he never answered. Instead, his hands tightened around her waist making her skin tingle under his touch.

His head dipped as he came a hairs breath away from her mouth. His eyes burned into hers and her heart thundered under her ribcage.

Her fingers tightened around his hair again, a silent invitation to continue. He took it.
His lips were on hers before she could think about how this was so wrong.

They hated each other. Wanted to kill each other. Right?

Her body reacted with no thought as her back arched towards him, causing his fingers to press into her skin slightly.

An ache completely different from the one from her wound flared between her legs.
He deepened the kiss, bringing one of his hands from her waist to the back of her head. She opened her mouth to him and his tongue slipped in, exploring her mouth.

She moaned into his mouth, causing him to break the kiss and look into her eyes. Worry flooded his expression.

"Did I hurt you?" He asked, stroking his thumb under her eye as he looked down to her bandaged wound.

"No." Her hand stroked down his cheek. "No, you did not hurt me." She pulled him back to her, slamming their mouths together in a hurry to taste him again. A thrill ran down her spine as she realized what she was doing.

His mouth left hers as he trailed wet, hot kisses down her throat. Her breathing was loud and labored as he nipped and bit the skin of her neck.

His hands slid down to her thighs and she let out a whimper she had been holding in.
Thoughtfully, he lifted her from the counter and she wrapped her legs around his waist, careful to not tear her stitches.

He carried her to the bed, still kissing her collarbone as she pulled at his hair. He gently laid her onto the mattress, unbuttoning his shirt before coming down on top of her.

She clawed at his shirt, ripping it from him and tossing it to the floor. Her fingers trailed down to his pants but his strong arms stopped her before she could unbutton them. He pinned her arms above her head, leaving her useless beneath him.

"Not tonight, love." He whispered into her ear. "When I have you, which I will, I do not want to worry about tearing your stitches."
And with that he released her wrists, his hands sliding down until they reached the hem of her shirt.

He lifted her blood soaked shirt up, sliding it over her arms and throwing it to the floor with his own. Then, he picked her up in his arms and laid her head atop the pillows, bringing the covers up over her.

He slid into the bed beside her and she snuggled close to his side as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Who did this to you?" He whispered, making her look up to his face. His expression was one of anger as she looked into his eyes.

"Who do you think?" She answered. He knew exactly who had hurt her. Who had been trying to kill her ever since she met him. The person he was working for.

He did not answer for a long moment. And just as she thought he would not say anything he whispered, "I will kill him for this."

And with that, they fell asleep in each others arms.