Chapter 18: Sweet Sensations

Her lips pressed softly against his, and he had to fight the impulse to slide his arm around her and draw her close. But she didn't suffer from any such hesitation. She slid her hand out over the bare skin of his exposed side and around his back, tugging him closer. Unsure where to put his own arm, he drew away from her.

"I don't want to hurt you," he whispered.

Realizing what was causing his qualm, she lifted the corners of her mouth in a pleased smile as she pulled back her hand to find his. She set it on her hip before shoving lightly against his shoulder until he had rolled onto his back. Then she followed him, the upper half of her body coming to rest over his chest. She hovered slightly over him, smiling down at him.

His eyes caught hers. She grinned as she recognized the surprise lighting them up right now. Dan Se had never expected her to kiss him. Or to surround him with herself. Clearly, he had no idea how wonderful she found him today. Or how much she wanted to be close to him.

Silently, she cursed her bruises for interfering in their pleasure today. She heaved a deep sigh as she realized that it would be at least several days before they could become truly intimate with each other. Maybe that was just as well. They were being given a rare opportunity to become better acquainted with one another before they progressed into greater realms of physical intimacy. Still, she wished that she could tolerate his arms embracing her today. But she would have to content herself with the simple embrace of his lips.

So she lowered her head and kissed him again. Her eyes fluttered shut, and she inhaled deeply. Picking up the traces of his scent. An aroma that belonged only to Dan Se. She'd never smelled another like it. She found it quite pleasing.

But a moment later, his lips distracted her attention from his particular scent. For he opened his mouth slightly, and another taste flooded her sinuses. The food which he'd just consumed for lunch. And she giggled.

Surprised, he drew back. "What are you laughing about?"

"Now you're making me hungry."

Perplexed, he furrowed his brow as he gazed up at her. Was she hungry for more of him?

"What do you mean?"

"You smell like chicken. And rice."

"Oh," he chuckled. He hadn't exactly been thinking along those lines. He glanced towards the table. "I'm sure I can get you some more. Want me to head to the kitchen?"

"No!" she exclaimed immediately.

Then he had the pleasure of watching her cheeks flood with instant heat. She closed her eyes and pressed her lips together. Slightly mortified.

"Mi Sook," he breathed. "Why are you embarrassed?"

When she didn't say anything, he murmured, "You realize, don't you, that I just admitted to liking you the very first time we met? Right?"

Her eyes opened in wonder. He had been speaking of her? In such glowing terms?

"Is there something wrong with your vision?" she asked abruptly.

"My vision?" he quizzed her. Uncomprehending.

She then admitted in an undertone, "You spoke of that girl as though she possessed the traits of a goddess. But I know for a fact that I was a chubby, awkward adolescent back then."

And she was hardly more alluring now.

"No," he mumbled. "You were an angel."

Her eyes, which she'd been hiding from him, suddenly flew to greet his again. And he watched as they flooded with tears.

"Are you teasing me?" she breathed in a faint whisper.

"What? No," he responded softly.

"Really?" Her voice overflowed with wonder.

His lips quirked upward. "Really."

Her head dipped, and her lips found his for a third time. She kissed him more enthusiastically this time. Made drunk by his sweet words. Her fingers caressed the edge of his shoulder as her lips ministered her joy to him.

The edge of his hand rested lightly on the side of her hip as his thumb gently stroked the skin of her abdomen through the flimsy shirt which she was wearing.

Now he was distracting her from the pain in the backside of her body. That wonderful thumb of his was releasing a bevy of butterflies to float along the nerves of her belly. They seemed to be carrying a sweet heat into her core. For a few luscious moments, she focused all her attention on that blissful thumb and the rich sensations it was releasing into her.

But most of his concentration was set on her delightful mouth as it moved over his. Subtly. Applying tender pressure to his own lips.

She was right. Joy was spiraling through him right now. Strengthening him. He was, in fact, delighting in her.