Chapter 36: Sweet Reconciliation

After a few quiet moments as they both reflected on the loss of his brother, Dan Se glanced up at her and murmured, "Am I hurting you?"

"No," she whispered.

He was putting some weight on a few of her bruises. But she'd gladly put up with that discomfort to be this close to him.

"I was so angry with you earlier. What happened to all my ire?" she muttered suddenly.

"Why were you angry with me?" he uttered against her forehead as he bent to plant a kiss there. "Ah, yes, I remember. Yeo Wool. Ugh!" he suddenly exclaimed in disgust.

"What is it?" she gazed down at him as she drew back to see his face.

"I've now been assigned to train with the hwarang for the next week. I won't get to see you tomorrow. Yeo Wool gets to stay in my place."

"That's all right," she asserted.

"What?" he asked, startled by her easygoing attitude.

She twinkled down at him. "I have a project I'm working on. I'll be so busy that I won't miss you..."

He growled at her.

"...too much," she finished.

"That's better," he whispered grudgingly. "What's this project?"

"Oh, a little something Jung Sook asked for my help on."

Of course, she was failing to mention that she might also have another project to work on. One that had nothing to do with Bo A's stories.

"Oh! Speaking of Jung Sook...did she come see you today?"

Her lips curved into a knowing smile. "You know perfectly well that she did. And that she rubbed cream into my back too."

It was his turn to appear disappointed. "I suppose that means that I've no job to do tonight then?" His fingers were itching to touch her again.

"You want to rub more cream into my back?" she queried in mock surprise.

"Among other places," he murmured mischievously.

She caught the passionate twinkle in his eyes. And blushed crimson.

"Why, Seok Dan Se! I thought you said that you weren't going to touch me for a month!"

His eyes widened in shock. "When did I ever speak those words?" His eyes began to caress her again. "I don't believe I could ever promise to keep my hands off of you for that long."

"Oh? Really? How long could you keep your hands off of me?" she asked daringly.

His eyes continued to light fires. "Not long at all," he murmured provocatively.

Then he leaned towards her and proved to her just how difficult it was for him to keep his lips off of her too.