Karna leaves Anga's Thrown

At that moment both Gandhari and Kunti , reached the royal court. They got the news of what was about to happen, and were scared for Draupadi. But they were relieved to see that Karna had stopped the proceedings and was defending her.

Kunti rushed to Draupadi, and hugged her. She tried to comfort her distraught daughter in law. She was really disappointed with her sons for being the reason of Draupadi's pain.

Karna saw Kunti  hugging Draupadi and Gandhari speaking comforting words to her, and was relieved that now Draupadi was safe. But his task was not done. For many years now he has noticed how Gandhar Raj has been influencing his friend and leading this family towards a brutal war, and after today's events he was completely sure of it.

So now being a friend it becomes his duty to save his friend from the clutches of his evil maternal uncle.

And hence he made a decision and spoke, "I.. Radheya Karna, am relinquishing the thrown of Anga".

Which Shook everyone present in the court.

Kunti was upset by Karna's decision, as she thought that she wont be able to stay near Karna anymore.  But her pride and honor did not allow her to say anything.

On the other side Duryodhan felt like the whole world has crashed on him. He realized that by his today's actions ,he not only hurted his friend but also made him disappointed. And now he was scared,  scared that he might lose his one and only true friend.

Duryodhan with a hope to stop Karna spoke," But Mitra, you cannot do this. You cannot leaveme". Tears started forming in his eyes, thinking about the prospect of loosing his best friend due to the current situation.

Karna noticed the hurt tone in his voice, and spoke "Mitra I am not leaving you, I am just relinquishing the thrown of Anga. The reason for making this decision is till the time I am bounded by the thrown which you have gifted me I am indebted to you, and therefore I am not able to help you to come on the right path. But today, I realized it has become really important, that some one needs to be there for you, and care for you unconditionally. And since I am no more indebted to you, I can not only show you the right path, but also help you in following it."

This is right Mitra. Let me be free from these royal duties, let me be free from my debt  and let me be your guide. I want to be a true friend, and not bound to you only because of a kingdom.

Tears now fell freely from Duryodhan's eyes. And he spoke, "I know Mitra, you are my true friend. You need not do this to prove it to anyone."

Karna smiled and said, "I know mitra, but I want to prove it to myself and I also don't want anyone to question our bond."

Saying this he took the crown from his head, went to Duryodhan and placed it near his feet. And went back to the center of the royal court.