Chapter 1: Lies and Betrayal

Saturday 1:20 pm

Mari POV:
I'm on my way to the park because my boyfriend Nathaniel has something he wants to tell me. He said it was important and he didn't want to do it over the phone. I can't help but feel joy. Me and him have been together for over 2 years now, I love him and he loves me I have a gut feeling that he is going to propose. Nath always knew I loved romantic things, I bet he's gonna get down on one knee in front of everyone and ask me "Marinette Dupain-Cheng will you marry me" I smiled happily at my inner thoughts I couldn't wait to see what he wanted to ask me so I started to run so I could get there faster. A few seconds later I arrived at the park, I look around for nath and I saw he was sitting on a park bench. I quickly gathered myself and walked over to him calmly.

"Hey nath"I said sweetly with a smile. He only turns and looks at me.

"Sit down we have to talk" he says annoyingly.

I don't feel like picking a fight with him so I just sit down. I couldn't help but feel like something is wrong. I mean he would only talk to me this way if someone or something has angered him. I wonder what.

"Ok?, what is it?" I asked curiously. He looks away and begins to speak.

"I wanna break up" he say in a care free tone.

My mind goes blank....I-I don't know what to say...I don't understand why is he saying this. We have been together for 2 years. Sure our relationship hasn't been the best, but it also hasn't been the worst. We've had our ups and downs but we've always figured a way out. I could feel the water in my eyes start to form but I hold it down.

"W-why, I-I don't understand..?" I blurt out trying not to cry in front of him.

"It's simple..I just don't want to be with you anymore" Nathaniel says

"WHY NOT!!" I say with anger by now some people are staring at us. But I didn't care he turns to look at me and what he says next paralyzed me..

"Because I don't love you, I'm in love with someone else" he says proudly.

I could have swore that I heard my heart just break. H-he's in love with someone else...that could only mean he's been cheating on me with someone else or else he wouldn't be doing this. Some tears escape my eyes but I tried my best to contain the rest. I heard him sigh in annoyance and he continued to speak.

"If I'm being honest marinette...I never really loved you. You were just someone I could play with whenever I got bored and most the time you were boring, but this girl I meet I love her and I want to be with her not you. So ya I breaking up with you" Nathaniel say.

I feel like I'm getting punched in the gut over and over again..h-he never loved me..those times we spent together. I told him everything about me, I told him I loved him and he did the same. B-but he was just using me for his entertainment.

"H-how could you d-do that to m-me...you said you l-loved..me..you said you wanted to m-marry me" my voice is breaking and it's taking everything I have not to burst out into tears. He only shrugged

"I lied because it was the only way for you to believe me" he said.

God I just wish I was dead, I believe him and his lies because I loved him. I gave him my heart my everything (Don't worry guess he didn't take her virginity) and the whole time he was playing with me.

"So y-you cheating on me.." I said with disgust.

"Ya, I have" he said not caring.

"H-how Long..?" I say sternly, I needed to know how long he was playing me. He didn't respond and that made me angry. I asked him again shouting.