𝟎𝟔| 𝟏𝟖𝟏𝟎𝟒𝟓: 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐠𝐲.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐝. Breakfast, daily testing, and now free time outside. Y/n and Ray sat by their tree and continued to read "The Adventures of Ugo". Norman had already gone into the forest while Emma kicked a ball really hard and pretended to lose it in the forest. Mama was already skeptical of the three eldest children, so this is the only way they could meet in the forest without being suspicious.

     Once Emma managed to reach the forest, Ray got up and held his hand out, "C'mon, Y/n. Can't let them wait too long. Emma said she had to tell us something. Probably found out where the trackers were."

     Y/n looked up and smiled, taking his hand and getting up, "We're lucky Emma was sent to take care of the babies, it was perfect timing." Y/n and Ray made their way to the forest, meeting up with Norman and Emma.

     "Hey guys!" Emma greeted, "I found where they are."

     "Nice, Emma!" Norman praised.

     "So, where are they?" Ray asked

     "Right behind their ears," Emma brought her hand up to her ear and felt around on the back of it, feeling a small bump. The three others felt around their ears, noticing the bump.

     "Yeah, they're in a place no one would notice."

     "I never knew about a mark from when they took our blood," Norman said, "and it disappears that quickly?"

     "Yeah, I knew, but I never even considered that would be it, sorry," Emma looked down with the 'lost ball' tight in her grip.

     "Don't be sorry!" Y/n smiled, "you did great! Now we know the locations and the size of the device! We can move onto the next step of our plan thanks to you!"

     "Ehe, it was nothing," Emma scratched the back of her head, bashful due to the compliment, "the next step is..."

     "How to break it," everyone said in unison.

     "Let's see," Norman felt his ear again, "if we try to make an incision..."

     "Mom might lift out hair and see it," Emma sighed.]

     "She'd catch on."

     "You're right," Ray confirmed, "well, whether or not we can break the transmitters, the tracking devices implanted in us aren't that useful in the grand scheme of things."

     "What?!" Emma gasped, "how did you figure that?"

     "The signal's so crude it can't specify a certain individual. Without checking, she can't tell where we are. Even if we get close to the gate or walls, it doesn't notify her."

     "But we still have them."

     "Yes. But why?"

     "They must be confident they can come after us as long as the tracking device is intact."

     "Hold on," Norman cut in, "so that means if it were to send them a notification, it would only be after it's destroyed?"

     "That's a definite possibility."

     Emma looked confused, "what do you guys mean?"

     "Weren't you listening? An alarm probably goes off once the trackers are broken."

     "So Mom would find out instantly?"

     "If a notification function really exists."

     "But, knowing that Mom purposely clued us in on the existence of the devices, we can't ignore the risk," Norman said.