𝟏𝟏| 𝟑𝟏𝟏𝟎𝟒𝟓: 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐞, 𝐝𝐨𝐧. 𝐠𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐚.

𝐏𝐡𝐢𝐥. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦, "Phil!?"

     "Shh," he put a finger up to his mouth, "I'm playing hide and seek with Naila and Eugene."

     The older ones sighed in relief, "oh, I see."

     While the two rebels tried getting into the room, the eldest stayed upstairs and talked. "So," Norman started.

     "The next thing we look at is," Emma continued.

     Everyone spoke in unison, "outside."

     "We already got lots of stuff done on the inside," Ray said.

     "Training's going well," Norman added, "the trackers can be broken, which leaves-"

     "Learning about the outside and outsmarting the adults."

     "Once that's done," Y/n chimed in, "we can clear the wall for sure."

     "Next is checking out the escape route," Emma spoke.

     "The escape we planned out consists of three steps. One, we ascend the wall. Two, we safely get away as far as we can. Three, we learn how to survive and become self-reliant," Norman listed as he paced around the room, "we have everything we need to pass the first step. As for the second.. The outside is key. When we leave, we should run away as far as we can. So let's examine and prepare."

     "We need info about the area outside," Ray reminded.

     "When I climbed up a tree, I saw a big forest!" Emma said.

     "Okay, but we gotta confirm stuff like that."

     Norman smiled at Emma's optimism, "Let's look into it starting tomorrow."

     "Oh, yeah! There was one more thing I forgot to mention."

     "Hm?"

     "I have someone I want you to meet!" Everyone but Emma looked at each other in confusion.

     "Who is it?" Y/n asked.

     "Follow me," Emma cheered, leading everyone into the library.

     As the teens made their way to the library, Don was downstairs trying to steal the key from Mama. He hid behind a corner and waited for Mama to walk by. While she passes, Don would bump into her and take the key while she was distracted by the collision.

     "Oh, sorry! I'm in a hurry!" Don lied.

     "Hey Mom! Down here!" Mark called. Perfect timing. She wouldn't have time to think about my plan. It'll all just seem like a mistake in her eyes.

     He ran back to Gilda, "look, I actually did it." He presented Gilda with the small, but heavy, golden key. Mama stared down the hall Don just ran through. Oh dear.

     Back upstairs, Emma grunted as she pulled down a book, "the one I want to introduce is... right here." She pointed to a marking with an owl and a name under it.

     "Mister William Minerva," Norman said, "really?"

     "Mhm!"

     "Who's he?"

     "I don't know. All I know is that he's the former owner of these books. But, I think it's possible that he's on our side."

     "What do you mean?"