𝟒𝟔| 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐚: 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞. 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠!

"𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠," 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝. The morning of their third day broke through and it was time to move. Y/n, Ray, and Emma looked sleep deprived, but considering the fact that they were raided by demons in the middle of the night would explain it. They were barely able to sleep at night, being tense and worried all night. Mister seemed the complete opposite, "it was probably a stray from the pack, am I right? Good thing it was only one!"

   They moved forward and were lucky until right before lunch, a demon on the prowl right below them. They had to escape quietly, trying to just move on without any interaction. That was until Emma accidentally kicked a rock down. They all ran, shooting at the demon. Ray had gotten better and it only took him two tries until it was taken out.

   Emma held up a small vine of berries, "today's lunch... is nowhere to be seen, huh?"

   "Yeah," Ray muttered.

   "Here," Y/n smiled, breaking the bread she kept into thirds, "we can share my bread."

   "Are you sure? It's our fault for eating ours already..."

   "It's okay, really! I'm not really feeling hungry so I'd rather share."

   "Thanks, Y/n!" Emma said.

   Ray took the bread, "thank you, Y/n." He hugged her, "I'm so tired..."

   "I know, I know, Ray," she ran her hands through his hair, "we're almost there, though. We're so close!"

   "Right."

   After their short break, they had a very exhausting trek. They had to run from demons, climb mountains, and shift around its edges. It impressed Mister. Man, they are stubborn. More so that I thought... It's amazing that they've kept the pace within target. These kids are fourteen, maybe twelve years old and they've managed to come along on the four day route. How old was I when I went back through this path? Fifteen? No, sixteen. This won't do. They're all battered up, but the light in their eyes is still shining. Makes me sick in the stomach... those eyes brimming with hope. I feel like throwing up ...was it that dream this morning? I'll be done with this soon... I've already made up my mind. I just gotta pick the place. Which one should I kill? Tomorrow, at the Goldy Pond, I'm getting rid of you. The preparations are all complete. Ill let death come to... this one.

   Y/n pulled out the pen to pull up the map, "look, we're up to A 07-63 already! A 08-63 is right over there! Seems like we'll get there even earlier than we thought!" Tomorrow morning... we might even reach it before noon!

   Ray smiled at the girl. I'm tired... but she's so hopeful... after that thing on the first day, that man didn't pull any more traps... for two days now. Did he give up? No, no way. Meaning that, if he's been up to something, he's going to play his hand tomorrow at the Goldy Pond. He's probably been to A 08-63 before. Since he knows two paths not on the map, at the very least, he must have managed to reach the pond and come back. Goldy Pond... jist what is expecting us there? What kind of place is it? What is that man planning to do once we get there? I Won't fall for your plans. Its my responsibility, I can't afford to lose you. "Y/n, Emma, we have to talk. Tomorrow, that man will..."

   "Tadah!" Emma smiled, "dinner is served!"

   "Seems like you already got the knack for spotting food in this forest."

   Y/n furrowed her brows, "how are we supposed to do Gupna for a lizard, I wonder?"

   "Let me see it. If you cut it the normal way, I've read about this in an old book..."

   "Phew," Y/n sighed, "everyone is safe and sound."

   "What?"

   "We're not all together, right now, but... Gilda and the others in the shelter... and Phil and the kids who stayed in the house. Before we left, that man asked me if our decision was the right one. He didn't have to ask, though... From the moment I decided to go with it, I was already scared. Is this the right move? Are we making a mistake? Is it really a good idea for us to go to the Goldy Pond alone? Temporary or not, should we really have left Phil's group behind? And letting... Norman... that? I can't keep going back to this. I have to look forward. I can't afford to lose myself. I know that. But still- I'm scared. If the choices we made are wrong... 'The terror of seeing your ideals, your choices, kill your friends'... That terror he mentioned, we know how heavy it is. But what if you then lose everyone to your choices? I can't even imagine the horror, the pain of it. I've been wondering about the meaning of that wall, all covered with the word 'help'. And, watching this man so closely these three days, I kept thinking of it. Ray, I've decided to talk it over with him. I do understand what you were going to say, but... Enough! I'm fed up with the mind games!"

   Y/n started to walk off and Ray called after her, "wha- wait! Hey! Y/n!"

   "Mister! Before tomorrow comes, let's sit down and have a good, long heart-to-heart. I'm going to save you."

   "The hell?" Mister questioned, turning to face the h/c haired girl.

--------------------------------------------

𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫

--------------------------------------------