𝟐𝟗| 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭: 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐬?

"𝐖𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞," the inhuman voice said, "insolent knave..."

   Ray and Y/n looked at each other and knew they were thinking the same thing. We almost had him. He would've fallen through the ground. If it weren't for these guys, we'd already be back with Emma and the others. Are the others alright? They must've gotten far, but we can tell from here and there's no way of communicating. Our only option is to run. There's more than one enemy and our routes are limited. He was able to take that monster down with one swing. We're heavily lacking in numbers and powers.

   "Find anything?" One pursuer asked.

   "This thing hasn't eaten. I don't smell any scent of human from its mouth. It hasn't eaten a single human."

   Ray took out a pair of scissors from his bag.

   "Are you hiding over there? You can come out now," it laughed, "that was a close one, wasn't it? Thank goodness you're safe. It's alright now, I've taken care of the big bad monster. So come on out, will you?"

   "Should I go and drag them out?" The other asked.

   "No, it's fine, stay where you are. Are you by yourselves?"

   "Judging by their height and hair color, it's two of the premium qualities. If so, we can't let any harm come to them during capture."

   "You understand now, don't you? Living outside here is impossible. Now let us return home."

   'Are you by yourselves'... that means Emma and the others are safe. They haven't been found. They're trying to get us to surrender. They don't know if Emma and the rest are still alive or where they are. So we only have one thing left to do. Keep their attention completely focused on us. Keep them chasing after us at all costs. Can we do it? Can we run fast enough and still get away after?

   Though, I'm pretty sure death would be easier. Ray looked at Y/n and noticed her serious face. I won't die. Not right after I made that vow. I'm going to live and protect my family. The boy started scratching the tree with the scissors, writing a message that read 'Go 06-32 Pursuer'. Ray and Y/n nodded at each other before stepping out from behind the tree, "took you long enough. Everyone's dead already."

   "So it is indeed two of the premium qualities."

   "We have no intention of going back there just to be eaten," Y/n said.

   "Your opinion matters not. Capture them!" Y/n and Ray jumped into action. They ran from the beasts that were sent to catch them with great agility. The monsters surrounded them, one on every side.

   Ray noticed how exhausted Y/n was getting. Her stamina was higher compared to others but after constantly being on the run, she was bound to start getting tired. That being said, he was starting to reach his limit as well. He held her hand tightly and pulled her along. I am not losing her. Not now, not ever. They can have me for all I care, but not her. He guided them to the left and started unwrapping his scarf from his neck. After taking another corner, he threw it in the opposite direction, successfully distracting the beast and losing them temporarily. It only bought them a few more seconds but anything would improve their chances of making it out alive.

   "How stubborn they are. It's already run a lot. But it's about to collapse, not to worry."

   The pursuer yelled from behind, "engage wolfpack formation. Make haste and corner them!"

   "Understood."

   Y/n and Ray huffed as they were surrounded by the beasts, every exit was shut. We can't give up. I won't let us die here. We will live, we have to! Ray thought.