𝟒𝟕| 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐚: 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭.

"𝗬𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗮..." 𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗽𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲𝗱, "𝘀𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲?"

Y/n nodded, "yup! This is strange. The more I think about it, the more I realize there's really no need to be enemies. We're all escapees here. I really think that we can reach an understanding and help each other out, and that would be much more beneficial to both parties. So let's do it! Now spill your guts and let's talk!"

"Annoyin' bitch. You wanna save me? Who do you think you are, you little brat? What the hell do you think... Just quit fuckin' around, you shitty h/c bitch! I hate you! All of you! I'm not tellin' you guys shit! Now back off!"

"No! I don't care if we're hated or killed, I can't ignore this! Let's just stop all this! Hiding it is useless, and nothing will be solved if you just keep running from it!"

"What?!"

"It was painful, wasn't it? You had a 'good family,' didn't you? Made of you and all your comrades. And you loved them all, didnt you, Mister? But then you lost them, and became frustrated and hateful. You suffered so much, all alone on your own, for many, many years. Every day felt like you were being torn apart by those feelings, didn't it?"

"...The hell do you think you know about me... you're just a..."

"I don't know. All I can do is guess. You're an older man who's lost every single one of his comrades. I can't just say that 'I understand' your pain without really understanding. But the reality is, I actually can say it. I do understand. We're exactly alike, aren't we? The current me, and the old you, our family, and your comrades. And that's why you feel pain whenever you see us, isn't it? It was so agonizingly painful that you even felt the need to pull that gun on us, isn't that right? But what you wanted to disappear from your life wasn't actually us, it was your old self, wasn't it? Mister, if you kill us, it might serve as a temporary distraction, sure, but then nothing will change in the end! You'll still suffer! And that's not good! So let's change that!"

"Change what? And how? There's nothin' you can do about anythin'. No matter how much you regret it all, you can't take back the past. My dead comrades ain't comin' back. As long as you guys disappeared from my sight, I don't care if it's just a temporary distraction. Your face... It makes me wanna puke. Yeah, you're exactly what the old me was like. You're the same as me. You can't save 'em. You can't change this hellish reality. You're going to 'save' me? That's a good one. What the hell do you really think you can do?"

"I can live with you. Let's live on together, Mister. I'm going to return to Grace Field within the next two years. We're going to save the rest of our family that we left behind, the ones that were four years and younger, and we'll lead them and all those bred for food over to the human world. Come with us, Mister, to the human world. Let's go see the world that our friends wanted to see! Ray, Emma, and I lost someone, too. An irreplaceable person... He was our best friend in the whole world, and we were always together. I bet he wanted to be here more than any of us combined. But now he can't. Emma blames herself all the time. He entrusted everything to her and I, saying, 'I leave the rest to you.' That's why I keep pushing forward no matter how hard it gets, so that I can live for his sake, too. I'll go see the sights that Norman wanted to see, and live in the world that Norman wanted to live in. So push forward with us, Mister! Live your comrades' share of life, too! The past can't be changed, and the dead can't be brought back to life. But ever nos, You can still live to carry on your comrades' dreams! Even if you're alone, you can't stop! Your comrades don't wish for that, and neither do you!"

Mister's eyes widened and his mouth was left wide open as he went into his head. I'm the only one who survived. It was because the others saved me. They're the reason I was able to get away from that place. I was saved by the others. I survived. Only me. For what reason? 'To live on together?' Fuck that shit! Everyone from Grace Field? That's just impossible. Distract yourself, delete it all, toss it away. You made your decision, didnt you? You're going to kill 'this one'. You're going to kill Cuckoo kid at Goldie Pond. Look... "Turn back now. Dont head toward Goldie Pond," he said, "don't go there, it's bad. That place is... anyway, turn back now. By morning 'those guys' will have-"

"Y/n! Get down!" Ray screamed, sprinting towards the girl and reaching a hand out. His fingers narrowly brushed hers and she saw the fear in his eyes before ropes were around her waist and everything went black.

She didn't know how long it was until she woke up, but when her eyes opened, she wasn't in the forest with Mister nor Ray. Her eyes opened to a bright sky and a ton of houses, and a windmill.

"Where... am I..?"

--------------------------------------------

𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫

--------------------------------------------