Prelude

⚚

A cry of a newborn child could be heard echoing down the halls of a home that is known to many on the planet for their power. One of the households on the planet that holds great power compared to every other being who lives on it.

Just as the child was brought into the world, a neighboring one was getting attacked from within. Krypton. By one of their own; that went by the name of General Zod. For reasons that would only satisfy himself and the ones who were helping him.

After what had happened, happened on Krypton, their own planet was under attack. Turned out after General Zod had been condemned to prison with his few, others who survived and served under his name, under what he claimed his purpose to be, started attacking the neighboring planet; in search for the child that had escaped from Krypton.

To no avail, did they find him— but because of this, the parents of this newborn child had to send their baby out; the same way the other baby had been sent away. Her pod, however was different. "Why must they attack this planet?" The mother asked.

"They're in search of a child. A child that escaped their planet. They believed it landed here; and they would not stop till they find it." The father spoke as he had begun to suit himself.

"What if they find out about her? What she's capable of? What if they steal her from us while her pod in mid travel?" The mother quickly spoke in worry as she held the child in her hands.

"Remember who we are." The father sighed as he placed his hands on either side of her arms. His eyes sparked a slight green tint as her eyes did the same. Sighing and saying a quick goodbye, she placed the baby in the pod before lifting her hands up, as if in a praying motion except they weren't touching or together.

Green wisp like magic started to leave her hands as the father guarded her; ready for any sign of attack. Conjuring more magic from her, which was making her grow tired faster and draining more energy from not only herself, but the father who lent it, the pod started to ascend before taking off last minute.

"Goodbye.. my child.." she cried as she fell to her knees. Last minute, the front doors gave away and the invaders started to engage in combat. The mother tried her best to fight but she was too drained to even go on; resulting into them easily killing her. The last thing she was able to hear was the sound of one of the invaders commanding the others to follow the pod.

Claiming it to be the child they were in search for; but they were wrong. Them two were shot down from attempting to get the child. The ones who shot them down were the warriors who protected the planet. Though, in the end... no one from the planet survived— and instead of exploding like Krypton, they planet just burned out.

A/n: I am so sorry if the prelude is crappy... just wanted to give you guys a hint of what is to come