14

Your stab wound was healing and was nearly done as you both were on your way. "Are you okay?" Clark asked you when you both were arriving. "Yeah. My wound is almost completely healed. I'm just really worried about your mother." You answered and he hummed in response before landing; gently placing you down.

Martha sighed as she looked through the debris of her home— pulling out an album that was in the mist of everything. She looked at some of the photos of their happy times before turning the page and finding one with you smiling as Clark stood beside you. Prom night.

"Mom?" Clark called out as he stood at the stairs. You rushed in to check on her. "Martha?" Your voice followed. Both sounding concerned.

"I'm all right!" She called out as she closed the book and got up from her spot. You went to her and placed a hand on her arm as she pulled you in for a quick hug. Clark met up with the both of you just in time as you both pulled away. She then gave her son a hug before mentioning that she liked both suits.

"I'm so sorry." Clark mentioned. "Me too." You added

"It's only stuff, Guys. Ah, it can always be replaced." She shrugged off

"But you can't be." Both you and Clark said in unison. You stood by Clark now.

"Mom, Zod said this Codex he's looking for can actually bring my people back." Clark mentioned

"Isn't that a good thing?" Martha stated as both you and Clark shared a look before police sirens could be heard.

"I don't think they're interested in chatting this world." You told her.

It was followed by Lois exiting the vehicle and rushing over towards where you all were. "Clark! Y/n!" Lois started to say and the two of you shifted your attention onto her. "I know how to stop them." She finished and that's when she told you the plan.

Jax-Or started to speak. He was the same man who had taken blood samples from both you and Clark. "What happens down there?" He questioned.

"He exposed a temporary weakness." Zod mentioned as his soldiers walked behind him.

"It is of little consequence because I have located the codex..." Jax-Or started to say. "It was never in the capsule. Jor-El took the Codex, the DNA of a billion people. Then he bonded it within his son's individual cells. All of Krypton's heirs, living hidden in one refugee's body."

As Zod took in this information he looked at Earth before speaking. "Does Kal-El need to be alive for us to extract the Codex from his cells?" Zod spoke and this made Jax-Or think for a minute before telling him no. "Release the World Engine." Zod added before a woman's voice spoke out.

"General Zod, if I must add. You mentioned Xandy before being there, helping these.... Humans. That is not her purpose. She has something that you can have if this Codex plan of yours doesn't work." She mentioned and Zod turned to look at her.