19

⚚

"Are you sure you don't want me to pick you up?" Clark asked over the phone.

"This is the fourth time you've asked me....." you started to say with a chuckle before smiling on your end. "But if you insist. Then yeah."

"I'll see you in a few." He mentioned. He had just gotten off of work and you were exiting a law office building. You were interviewing a lawyer that had cause some spark in the headlines the other day. Just wanted to gain more intel about what it was all really about. Just as you were about to turn the corner, Lois called.

"Hey, Lois." You spoke as you then turned and kept walking.

"Have you read the news lately?"

"Not the most recent news because there's always something new flowing in. Is it relating to something bad? The..." you looked around and saw that there was people near you so you had to use the word you didn't like calling yourself. "Aliens?"

She was quiet for a while and the anticipation was killing you. It was getting to the point where you thought you had eyes on you. That feeling didn't shake off but you didn't make it obvious either to whoever it was staring at you. That's when the moment was cut and she told you. You didn't know how to take it and told her that you had to go.

At your shared apartment, you knew Clark was there before you because he had the tendency to leave a note.

'Wear something nice but casual'
— C.

It read and you couldn't help but smile. He was so thoughtful and always wanted to let you know where he was going, what he was doing; he trusted you. "I usually dress casual." You muttered with a playful eye roll. Placing your bag to the side, you walked into the master, went over the the closet and started digging. "Something nice but casual for dinner with his mother...." You said to yourself as you checked. (Outfit below. You can change it if you'd like).

 You can change it if you'd like)