𝟛

"No I did not miss you and don't call me that. Where did you even come from" Regulus sighed trying to walk away from James.

"Oh ya know" James said miming a hair flip.

"No I don't know... could you leave now?" It was more of a statement than a question.

"Wanna go for a walk" James said hopefully.

"Not really"

"Please Reggie I'm so bored" Regulus didn't say anything just rolled his eyes and walked back in the direction of the slytherin common room.

"What's up with you?" Remus asked James when he got back into the dorm clearly sulking.

"Ya Prongs date with Lily not go well?" Sirius said mocking James but when he noticed James frown he quickly shut up.

"I'm fine just tired" Everyone looked at eachother with a worried expression before silently nodding.

"He's annoying me so much like he pops out of no where and trys to what go on a walk with me?" Regulus ranted to a smirking Barty.

"Sounds like he likes you"

Regulus started sputtering "What- no he's dating Lily and like I don't like guys!"

Barty started laughing at the way he started avoiding eye contact. "Ya ok Reg"

"Shut up"

The next day Regulus was walking down the hallway when once again James had seemingly popped out of no where beside him.

"What now Potter" Regulus was avoiding eye contact with him looking around the hallway hoping none of the other slytherins would see him talking to a known blood traitor.

"Nothing really" James smiled at him and kept by his side as he started walking down the hall which put them in a weirdly comfortable silence. Regulus stilled when he saw Lucius Malfoy staring at him and James confused he abruptly turned to James stopping them both in the middle of the hall.

"Ok listen Potter because I'm only saying this once. Leave me alone okay- I don't get why you suddenly want to talk to me but I don't like it." James froze as Regulus walked away from him. He was confused too, why did he suddenly seem so interested in his best friends little brother.

Lily was trying to find James when she saw Regulus yelling at him. She couldn't hear what he aas saying but stared confused when James pushed himself against the wall with his head in his hands.

"Why does James look so sulky" Marlene asked from behind her.

"I don't know..."

~~~~~~~~~~
👀👀👀