𝟚𝟝

Regulus was up on the astronomy tower looking up at the stars. He was hoping James wouldn't come up to meet him, he didn't know if he could face him, Barty said he would have to tell James eventually but would he be able too?.

He heard quiet foot steps walk up behind him but he didn't dare to turn around, he continued staring at the stars waiting for the person to make their presence known.

"Reggie..?" James breathed out sitting beside him, he knew Regulus knew he was there but he also knew Regulus wouldn't be the first person to talk.

"I figured out what I smelt in the Amortentia..." Regulus still didn't face James but instead looked down at his hands with a light blush, was he really about to do this?.

"That's good?" James looked at Regulus hoping he'd look back at him.

"Ya?.. I don't think so" Regulus mumbled quiet enough for only himself to hear. James was concerned. Regulus normally would've turned to him by now.

"Reggie is something wrong?" He tried maneuvering his body to be able to face Regulus but he kept looking down at his hands.

"I- James... if a guy said he liked you what would you do?"

"What-?"

"If a guy said he liked you what would you do?" James watched Regulus fidget with his fingers.

"Do I know him?" Hypothetically of course

Regulus' breath stuttered but he continued "...yes"

"Well what I said back would matter on if I liked him back or not" Regulus turned to look at James with a shocked face.

"My turn to ask something?" Regulus just nodded "Is the guy you?"

Regulus gasped and got up about to leave. "Reggie wait-" James grabbed onto his hand keeping him in place. "Can I ask another question?"

Regulus who was previously trying to pull away from James' grasp stilled. "...I guess?"

James stood up to meet him face to face. They were so close.. too close. Regulus could smell James' cologne and could feel his breath when James exhaled.

James grabbed Regulus' cheek caressing it slightly with his thumb.

"Can I kiss you?"

____

I'm kinda cheesy when it comes to love confessions and stuff so I'm sorry if it's like unbearably cheesy 🤡

That's all you get today 😋😋