𝟠

James sat in the great hall during dinner his food left abandoned as he stared not so subtly at the slytherin table. Regulus and him made eye contact but before James could look away Regulus smiled at him. James turned a bright pink he was right his smile was even more beautiful when you know you had caused it. He beamed at Regulus before his attention was pulled back by his friends sitting down by him.

"Hey Prongs" Remus said sitting down. He was studying his reaction waiting for him to snap or ignore him but he was confused when he saw James with a wide smile and a flushed face.

"Hey Moony" The rest of the mararuders gave eachother another strange look before smiling at James.

"Can't belive you and Sirius already got detention" he sighed before taking out a book.

Sirius beamed at him "Ya it was awsome you should of seen it Moony!" Remus wasn't taking advanced potions that year as he put it 'I already suck at potions I don't need it advanced'

"Ya no thanks love I'd rather not be covered in pink" James had stopped paying attention and went back to staring Regulus.

"James are you listening?" Lily asked but she saw James was zoned out. Or so she thought. Remus was confused what he was staring at following his eyes to a certain slytherin reading while his friend tried to get his attention.

"Oh shit..." Remus accidently said out loud.

"What was that Moony?" Peter asked him in between eating.

"Oh nothing" he continued watching as James turned pink when he and Regulus had caught eachothers eyes.

"Reg mate who are you looking a- oh my god yes the time has come I'm so proud of you!" Barty started cheering which caused Regulus to break his eye contact with James.

"What are you on about?" Regulus asked.

"You and Potter! I can't belive it I'm so bloody happy for you mate!" Regulus flushed at that.

"Me and James are not together! And would you hush it we aren't dating but it's not exactly fun to be friends with a gryffindor blood traitor in slytherin is it"

"Oh ya ya" Barty lowered his voice a bit before saying "you called him James" Regulus turned impossibly red and hit Barty in the arm.

He returned his gaze back to James who was talking with Lily. He frowned before directing his attention back to his book.

~~~~~~~
I kinda hate how this chapter is written...

Sorry this update is late :/