𝟙𝟛

Regulus' worst nightmare was finally here, Christmas break. He normaly would have stayed at Hogwarts or went to Barty's house. But he got a letter from his mother a few days ago saying they had 'someone important for Regulus to meet'

"Reggie if you need any help while your there just owl me and I'll be there in a second."

Regulus chuckled at that staring up at James who had a sad smile. "James don't worry I've survived this long"

James frowned at that before grabbing Regulus' hand. "I know you can do it but I don't want you too"

Regulus smiled at his hand which was intertwined with James' "I'll owl you if things ever get too bad"

James smiled again before lying his head on Regulus' lap which had become a Habit after his and Lily's fight. Regulus started played with James' hair.

"I really care about you Reggie"

"I know... I care about you too" unspoken confessions were the most they could do for now. And that was fine for them.

"Its getting way to close to out NEWT'S" Sirius sighed his head on Remus' lap in the gryffindor common room.

"I know like it's getting way to close to the end of Hogwarts for us entirely" James replied.

"Ew don't say that! I'm gonna miss here so much" Lily who was sat on the floor in front of James was playing Wizard chess with Peter.

James felt bad for Lily. He didn't mean to be dragging her on. But he also didn't have the heart to break up with her. So the most he could do was figure his shit out and break it off with her when he knew what he wanted.

"I'm so glad I'm out of that god forsaken place" Sirius sighed leaning into Remus' hand who was playing with his hair.

"Ya I'm glad too Padfoot"

James was happy that Sirius was out, he was but all he could think of was Regulus who was going back to the same place Sirius had barely escaped.

_____

'Your sister was right' is currently stuck in my head 😩

For anyone who doesn't know said beautiful song.

https://open.spotify.com/track/5BNAzE37hmpyCx0hyrgDqJ?si=_O0qiuAiSLCrdIKemsiuJg&utm_source=copy-link&dl_branch=1