40

Looking down at the pitch, Naomi bit her lip in nerves. In nerves of coaching the team and in nerves of seeing Aimee again. But thanks to Theo's reassurance and guidance she felt better, a lot better in fact. She just missed him. She wished he was here with her.

Just as she was about to text Aimee to see where she was, she saw her walking straight towards her.

"Hi" Naomi smiled, hoping to ease the tension

"Hi" Aimee frowned, which caused Naomi to drop her smile and get straight to the point

"Okay so first things first, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not telling you about me and Theo, but I have my reasons...Yes they may not be good in your eyes but I personally felt like it was best for me"

"Go on"

"Me and Theo are so fucking unpredictable and there was a point we were so fucking bad together that we almost ended things entirely and I just didn't need everyone knowing my business continuously asking how me and him were doing when we would get into arguments just about every other week...it was draining. And I know you. I know you would be invested and it would fucking drain you as well to realise how bad communicators me and Theo are"

"Aimee I didn't want to do that to you, Ollie didn't want to do that to you, we just thought that it would be best for you to find out when me and Theo actually worked out and I guess...I guess we left it too long because we actually have been getting on very well since November" she confessed, playing with her fingers, realising how bad of a friend she had been

"Be angry at me all you want, I don't care anymore because I deserve it, but please don't end yours and Ollie's relationship because of me" she pleaded

"Are you done?" Aimee asked

"Yes...No...I don't know...Aimee I don't want to lose you as a friend over this, I'm so sorry" Naomi apologised, she knew Aimee and she knew that the girl definitely did piss her off sometimes with her extremely hyper, over dramatic, lovey-dovey personality the opposite of herself, but she couldn't deny she was a great friend who she didn't want to lose

"Okay, we're okay" Aimee smiled, knowing that she was going to forgive Naomi anyway, but just wanted to hear her apology first, "But I'm not gonna lie I had my suspicions" she mentioned

"What?" Naomi asked, "When? How? I-"

"Well for starters - You've been taking your pill like it keeps you alive. I literally remember back in first year when your alarm would go off in lectures, you'd just say you'd take it when you got back to your accommodation cause you forgot it, but now you ensure you have it on you at the right time so I knew you were sleeping with someone"

"Two - you got really happy in November and have been acting like that since, despite us not really going to any parties, so I knew you were taking to someone, I just didn't know who..."

"Three - You were so anti Theo when I tried to set you two up and yet at the acrade I noticed him always looking at you when he won and then when you were forced to get a lift home with him..." Aimee laughed at the memory of her literally telling Naomi to ride Theo instead of ride with Theo, when thinking back on it now she wouldn't be surprised if she actually did 'ride' him that night, "I didn't get an angry phone call the next morning from you complaining, so I knew you two either spoke or got along during it"

"Four I saw the lingering glances you two made at each other when we made edibles, I also noticed how cuddled up to him you were on the sofa. I remember you telling me how you used to hate hugs, but seeing you and him like that was cute and I knew to keep my mouth closed so you two wouldn't move away from each other"