1. Relax Angel

(Check out the side bar for a picture of Cassie! Also READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END PLEASE!)

Cassie's POV: 

"Ha ha!" I cried out, my voice lost in the frantic pulse of the club, my body relaxing in the steady sway of the crowd. I flinched away every now and then as a strange body brushed mine, deplorable memories flashing across my mind. The alcohol had helped a bit, numbing my senses, allowing me to lose myself among the gyrating mass.

Sweat beaded up on my neck, a wave of heat washing over me. I lifted the mass of dark hair away from my skin and tossed it back, over my shoulder, giggling slightly as the long strands tickled the skin exposed by a cutout in my dress at my lower back. It was impossible to tell how long I had been here. When I had arrived with a few of the students in my Intro to Drawing class at the University, it had been around midnight. I glanced down at my wrist, but of course I hadn’t worn my watch, the old brown leather and antique face didn’t exactly match the sleek black dress I had managed to squeeze into. I’d only been in London for a month now, but already it felt right, I belonged here. London was a fresh start.

I jumped as I suddenly felt someone press in right behind me, their face directly next to mine, "Dance with me?" the stranger shouted to be heard over the noise. He grabbed my hand and spun me around, pulling me closer to him in the tight space. He towered over me, his sheer size enough to inspire fear in my heart. It was hard to make out his face in the strobe lights as I craned my neck up at him, but something about him seemed familiar. I froze, staring into the shaded eyes opposite me. He seemed harmless. Forcing myself to breathe steadily, I stayed wrapped in his arms and allowed my body to curve against his. His breath caught and I smiled slightly, proud of my success.

"Maybe?" I laughed, spinning away again, my heart hammering against my chest, his hand tightened around mine, holding me there. The grip wasn’t tight enough to hurt me and I could have broken free if I tried, but something kept me there. Locking down my emotions, I allowed him to spin me back in, “Why should I?” I asked, cocking my head to the side. Dark eyes trailed hungrily down the expanse of my body and I suddenly felt exposed. It took all of my will power not to cross my arms over my chest and flee. Breathing heavily, I stood my ground, thanking god that the music was loud enough to obscure the hammering of my heart.

“Because you want me,” he growled, yanking me in close, sealing his lips to mine in a tight embrace. It was several moments before he broke away, tugging teasingly on my lower lip with his teeth. I stood there staring at him, completely at a loss for words.

"I'll take that as a yes," he flashed me a wicked lovely, crooked smile just as the lights caught his eyes. Green. One of the darkest, purest greens I had ever seen. There was a mischievous glint there that sent a thrill racing down my spine, my body screamed at me to turn and run. I didn't. I couldn't. I was trapped-prey paralyzed by the gaze of the predator.

“I didn’t say you could do that,” I whispered, completely transfixed by the intensity of his jade gaze, my mouth still burning with the absence of his kiss.

“I never ask for permission, only forgiveness,” he rasped, grinding his hips violently against mine. I fought the urge to cry out at his suddenly tight grip. Keep it under control, Cass. You’re fine. He’s harmless, a bit drunk, but harmless.

“Relax, Angel,” I’m not sure how I managed to hear his breathy words over the frantic boom of the bass, but my body obeyed, forming effortlessly to his. Fear thrummed throughout my entire body and I struggled to control the steady shaking of my hands. I felt his grin as his mouth trailed down my jawline, planting fiery kisses. Get out Cass, get out now. He isn’t worth it. He’s too drunk. You wont be able to reason with him. My body refused to obey my commands.

He stopped at the base of my jaw and sucked sharply. I gasped, attempting to pull away but I was caught in his tight embrace. Soft whimpers slipped from my parted lips as he continued his work, still swaying our bodies to the music. My fingers tangled in his hair, trying to pull him away but my struggle only encouraged him and panic began to set in. Teeth grazed over the tender flesh and I jerked away, his mouth followed, soothing the irritated area with the pad of his tongue. Soft, full lips caressed the reddening flesh, hands holding me steady as he finished his work. Completely against my will my eyes fluttered closed, my body betraying me as it succumbed to his addictive touch. I felt my limbs go weak in his arms, forcing him to support all of my weight. He didn’t even seem to notice. Finally, after what felt like an eternity he broke away and my eyes lazily opened. Swollen, pink lips curved up into a devilish, fox smile as large, rough, fingers caressed the delicate flower now imprinted on my skin. I hissed in complaint, glaring at the curly haired boy.

“You’re mine now,” He growled and I shuddered at his possessive tone, willing myself the strength to leave his grip. Goosebumps raced to cover every inch of my flesh. His voice was a siren call. Terror raged war with lust and I fought to regain the will to move and pull away. I couldn't. My body wasn't under my control.

“You’re drunk,” I whispered.

“Not quite.” He just stood there grinning at me, cheeks dimpled before crushing my body against his again, repeatedly grinding his hips into mine, his hands wandering down to hold me in place. I didn't want to know what would happen if he knew just how scared I was. How had I gotten myself into this mess? The music picked up and he pulled me even closer, the curves of our bodies fitting perfectly with the other. Shit. Just breathe Cassie, breathe. Carefully, I wrapped one arm around his neck and rested my head on his chest, hiding there, praying he would fall for my clumsy acting. 

The music moved us to its rhythm. It reverberated throughout my entire being and I know that he felt it too. His head rested on top of mine and the fear that I had been trying to hold back took over. I was trembling from head to toe. Thank god he didn't seem to notice, he seemed like the kind of guy that loved to make girls fear him- the thrill of being in control. I’s suffered my fair share of overbearing males and I wasn’t really interested in reliving the horrors that still haunted my dreams. I wrapped the fabric of his shirt into tight wads in my palms, clinging to it, praying that the song would end and I could slip away. 

I sucked in a sharp breath, my eyes drifting slowly closed as the scent of his skin lulled my mind into compliance. It was a drug, alarming in its intensity, one breath of it and I was addicted. So rich and deep, I rushed to inhale as much as I could. His hands inched their way down my ribcage, beneath the thin fabric my skin blazed from his touch. I could feel a distinct pressure against my hips and prayed in vain for it to go away, shuddering as I realized how much I wanted something more to happen with this boy who inspired fear in every fiber of my being.

The song ended and I began to disentangle myself, he held onto me, "No,” he growled, fingers digging into my lower back, I froze.