3. Come On

Cassie's POV

Exhaustion plagued my body and I regretted coming out tonight. Tiredly, I slumped against my involuntary dance partner, my feet aching from the ridiculous heels. My eyes fluttered closed and I did my best to block out the music. Mahogany and teakwood immediately assaulted my senses as I finally placed the heady scent that enveloped him like a cloud. I filled my lungs again and again, drinking in the scent of his skin, the drug calming my racing pulse.

His large hands wandered up and down my back constantly, making me jump as he cheekily cupped my bum. I swatted his hands away, repositioning them higher up on my back. His raspy laugh vibrated against my chest and I found myself growing fond of the sensation, wishing to hear more of it. I felt his hot touch slip beneath the thin fabric in the cutout and explore the panes of my lower back, strong fingers pressing and probing, rubbing smooth circles into the flesh. Immediately I relaxed in his arms, unable to control my own actions.

“Let’s get out of here,” he groaned in my ear, crushing my entire body against his. I felt all of the muscles in his body tighten, rolling up and down against mine.

“I-I um... I don’t thi-,” I stuttered, whipping my head around to search for the small group of people I had come with. 

“Shhhh, Angel. You’re safe with me,” He chuckled, pressing one large finger against my lips, silencing my protests. His gaze lingered on my mouth for several moments more before he moved his hand to cup my  face, thumb brushing back and forth over my cheekbone. 

He could clearly see what his actions were doing to me. I didn't respond. My tongue was glued to the roof of my mouth, my jaw locked. Where the hell were my friends? They were supposed to be looking out for me. They had promised.

“Come on,” I nodded in response, incapable of doing anything else. He flashed me that same wicked lovely smirk, taking my hand in his before carefully navigating the way off the dance floor. My heart was a trapped hummingbird banging against that cage of my chest. As we left the throbbing mass of skin starved people, I swore I could feel hundreds of eyes zone in on me and the large hand wrapped around my own. Insecurity took over and I slowly tried to pull my hand from his, he didn't let go. Turning back with a glare that silenced my protests.

As we left the club my anxiety increased. Everywhere I looked people were staring. A cold wind plucked at the short tight dress, lifting the hem slowly up higher and higher. Dammit. With one hand I struggled to rip the fabric back into place. Thankfully, right then a sleek charcoal car zoomed up the curb and the valet hopped from the drivers side, racing around to open the passenger door.

Struggling and failing to keep the fear out of my voice, I squeaked, “I really should get back to my friends.”

“No.” His voice was razor sharp, freezing me in place. He whipped me around in front of him, grabbing hold of my face between both of his hands. His eyes were stony for a minute more before they slowly softened, curiosity melting the icy, jade gaze, “Do I frighten you?” He purred, inching forward so that his face was mere millimeters from my own.

“Yes,” I whispered, the confession slipping past my tight control. His lips twitched up into a coy, mischievous smile, the prominent dimple in his left cheek surfacing.

“I have no intention of hurting you, Angel.”

“They never do.” His eyes narrowed at my response, obviously trying to dissect my innuendo. He still held me tight in his strong grip so I whispered a word that I knew I would be using a lot with him, “Please.” 

Once again his lips twitched up before he pressed a quick, uncharacteristically soft kiss against my lips, lingering there as it deepened. This time I felt my arms pull him closer to me, pressing my body against his. He grinned into the kiss as my hands tangled in his hair, pulling slightly.

“After you,” he motioned toward the waiting car, voice soft as velvet as hot hair spilled into the chilly London night.

“My friends...” I tried one last time.

“Don’t worry about them, Angel, I’m sure they’re fine.” I wanted to scream at him. It wasn’t them I was worried about, it was me. Instead though, I allowed him to take my hand in his, steering me towards the waiting car. The warmth beaconed to me, a siren call in the frigid autumn breeze.

I scrambled in, wrapping my arms tight around myself to stop the shaking. I turned to watch him as he flashed me one last crooked smile, his cheeks dimpling, before he closed the door.

"Shit." I chattered, wriggling deep into the heated leather seats, tucking my legs up under me, reveling in the warmth. I watched as he jogged around the front of the car, my mouth gapping open as he slipped the valet a rather large tip. The man tanked him, bobbing his head before returning to the stand. The curly haired boy opened his door, sliding into the driver’s seat.

“You never told me your name,” I said, eyes searching his face for any sort of reaction. He was obviously better than me at hiding his emotions, shifting the car into drive and pulling away from the curb, eyes pensive. I huffed in exasperation, turning to face my window.

“Harry.” I jumped as his deep voice punctured the heavy silence that had filled the car, “Harry Styles.”

A/N: Please bare with me as I go through and update the chapters! I will let you know when I reach the last chapter that has to be altered! thank you so much!!!! Please follow me on IG and Twitter @For_NIALLarnia xxx i will answer any questions that you may have on there! -Elle