Chapter 2: Wrong path

Next day Angelo woke up early from bed, brushed his teeth. He pulled out a green shirt from closet, and wore it. BEEP! His phone notified him of a message, when Angelo opened it up. He saw destination point where John and he will meet.

He didn't waste any more moments and ordered an Uber for making his way to the destination, it almost took 6 minutes for Uber to arrive. Angelo hurriedly got himself in.

20 minutes later, Angelo stepped out of the Uber, his cap pulled low to conceal his identity, and made his way towards the seemingly deserted café.

He couldn't help but feel something unease by the emptiness of cafe because the bustling atmosphere that usually filled the air with chatter and the aroma of freshly brewed coffee was conspicuously absent.

But silence was broken by a wave from a person sitting in corner seat, his accent confirmed that he's a Spanish fellow. Confusion roamed around Angelo's head but he approached the corner seat where the Spanish man sat, his eyes locked on the stranger's face.

"Hey, I'm Louise. Nice to meet you." He extended his hand, introducing himself.

Angelo reciprocated the gesture, his grip firm. Louise's piercing gaze conveyed a sense of wisdom and experience, leaving Angelo eager to discover the purpose of his presence instead of John's.

"I thought I was searching for John." said Angelo.

"Yes you were, but he sent me, I apologize from his side"

Angelo's brows furrowed in confusion as Louise mentioned being sent by John. He had anticipated John's presence, hoping for some guidance and reassurance.

"Is John not available?" Angelo asked.

Louise nodded. "John is currently tied up with some urgent matters," he explained.

Angelo sighed. Louise smiled slightly and asked Angelo to sit, he took a seat as instructed by Louise.

Waiter appeared with two glass of coffees with chocolate over it. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, adding a touch of comfort amidst the weight of their conversation.

Louise observed Angelo with a thoughtful gaze, his voice gentle yet firm. "Angelo, your determination and selflessness are truly remarkable," he began. "It takes immense courage to stand up and fight for what you believe in, especially when it means putting everything on the line."

Angelo's eyes met Louise's, his face earnest. "I can't bear to see my mother suffer," he replied, his voice tinged with a mixture of conviction and vulnerability. "She has been there for me through thick and thin, and now it's my turn to be there for her, no matter the cost."

Louise took a sip from glass. "I can understand the family of value even though I'm an orphan."

"Orphan? what happened to your family?." Angelo asked.

"You see Angelo, my father was a professor and my mother was reporter. They were kidnapped by a mafia gang when I was 8, I was waiting for them in home when they were coming from market. But I saw someone dragged them into their car when they were about to unlock gate of the house." Louise's voice was shaking as he was remembering those moments. "I couldn't scream for help, I just watched them being kidnapped helplessly and they never came back."

"I can't imagine what it must have been like for you," Angelo said softly. "How did you manage to live in? Any orphanage?."

"John's sister adopted me...she saw the pain in my eyes and couldn't resist to leave me alone, I'm still grateful to her." Angelo was drinking the coffee while listening to Louise's story. He felt relatable with Louise's story and it made Angelo more desperate to save his mother.