Chapter 12 - Reunion

James observed Nicholas from distance, he sat alone in the room, head hung low and clutching a portrait and pressing it against his chest, the portrait depicted an image of beautiful young girl with red hair and orange eyes kissing Nicholas - his ex girlfriend.

"Still holding onto her memories?" James said softly, leaning against the doorstep.

Nicholas nodded slowly, his eyes never leaving the portrait. "Yes brother, I have no other choice."

James walked closer to Nicholas and put his hand on shoulder. "I get it, Nichole. Some things are just beyond our control. But holding onto her memory like this... does it bring you peace or pain?"

Nicholas sighed, his fingers tracing the contours of the portrait. "A bit of both, I guess. It's like... she's still here with me, you know? But at the same time, it's a constant reminder of what I lost."

James nodded in understanding, his gaze drifting to the portrait. "Sometimes, letting go is the hardest part. But maybe, in time, you'll find a way to hold onto the memories without letting them consume you."

"You're the brave person, you have to sacrifice your feelings in order to not sacrifice the person you have feelings for." Nicholas stood up, putting the photo aside. He glanced at James and hugged him. "Thanks alot brother, among everyone. You're the one who supported me."

James was overwhelmed by this reaction, he hugged him back and replied,"that's what I had to do. Everyone has their own perspective regarding mafia world but I always knew the pain of being here."

Nicholas turned around, wiping tears from cheeks, "your face looks tired. What were you doing last night?"

James smacked his lips. Nicholas's sighed realizing what James was doing so he chose to change the topic. "How is Angelo? Didn't see him since past few days."

"He is working as part time driver and bodyguard. Also in fight club, right now we're not organizing any official fight. So he is helping in local fight stuff, you know?"

Nicholas nodded, "he's a busy man. I appreciate him for working here because of love for his mother, not for greed." James smiled after hearing this truth from his mouth

"Anyways, Jake and I going to Heavens bar. Wanna join in?" James raised his eyebrows. "I'll invite Angelo as well."

Nicholas shook his head, denying the invitation. "I don't like the smell of alcohol but still thanks for the invitation."

James chuckled to Nicholas's rejection as if he cracked a joke then he bid goodbye to Nicholas and exited from the room.

*
Harris was in call with Auralio while striding through the grand entrance of fortified building, the towering guards flanking the outside.

"Damn it, I'm just thinking how the fuck James got to know about Asif," Auralio vented his frustration. "There's no way we have mole in here."

Hearing this, Harris's reaction remained opposite of Auralio's, calmed. "Any suspect? Plus, we're challenging Garcia family. So it was going to happen."

"HARRIS ARE YOU QUESTIONING MY INTELLIGENCE? YOU DUMB FUCK?" Harris flinched from Auralio's yelling, he quickly pressed the volume down button to avoid getting ear pain.

"Shut the fuck up, do you have any plan?" Harris asked as his guards opened the gate, revealing a large room full of workers with masks.

Auralio's tone turned sinister as he outlined his strategy. "I'm thinking of extending an olive branch to James, a truce. Then, when he least expects it, I'll strike and end him."