Chapter 13 - Life of the devil

Note - This chapter can be taken as non-canon because it shows past life of Auralio. But I'll still suggest you all to read it

"Why it had to be my daughter?" A woman said, her voice choked with sorrows - Agatha, step mother of Auralio, she was married to his father Christian two years back when Christian divorced his previous wife.

Christian, standing beside the coffin, murmured with regret. "It was an accident." He looked at young Auralio crying continously. "Auralio is just a child."

"Why the heck there was a loaded gun hanging at first place? Don't give me 'he is just a child' excuse. Because of him, i lost my daughter. Because of you as well!" Her voice rose with each words, eyes blazing with indignation.

Christian's patience snapped, he raised his hand and delivered a single slap across her face.

Shocked, Agatha stumbled backward, she saw mourners around were shocked from, her hand flying to her cheek as tears filled her eyes. "How dare you!" she cried.

Christian's jaw clenched, his own anger simmering beneath the surface. "I've lost my daughter. Our daughter! You think these accusations matter to me now? Stop this argument here, not now not here."

*

Three weeks had passed since the tragic incident but Agatha was still mourning, she almost stopped talking to everyone including Christian who got himself busy in business works. Just like always, he was outside of house for three days due to business trip.

Auralio wandered through the house playfully until he found Agatha sitting silently in living room. Auralio hesitated before deciding to speak up, "mum...what are you doing?"

Agatha coldly replied, "that's none of your business."

"I'm sorry mom..." Auralio said softly, inner guilt made his heart sank at Agatha's words. She expressed her motherly love to both child equally after marriage, never showed inequality but now she changed her loving nature into hate towards Auralio.

"WHAT SORRY?" She said loudly before turning her eyes at him, her eyes darkened as she moved towards him. "You took away my daughter, she considered you as her own brother. You never deserved the love you got from me."

She stood up from her chair and marched towards Auralio, slapping him hardly.

Auralio was stunned for a moment from the slap, it was the first time someone raises their hand on him and he felt the pain.

"Mom...how co-" Agatha didn't let him finish, she continued slapping him, harder each time than previous slap, making Auralio fall down and bleed from mouth.

"You deserve punishment! You stole away what I loved! You will be the worst human being if I don't teach you," she grabbed his shirt and shoved him roughly onto the sofa. Then, she picked up a nearby stick and started raining down blows upon him aggressively.

Auralio screamed in pain, his cries echoed through the house which caught attention of maidens, they rushed into the room together and pleaded. "Ma'am he is just a kid, please leave him alone."

Agatha flashed them a fierce glare, "don't tell me what to do, fuck off you all." She waved them away, slamming the door shut from inside.

"Please mom, I'll be a good guy."

"Forgive me mom, I love you. Please"

"Don't do this, it hurts."

The ordinary workers and maidens could do nothing except hearing Auralio's cries helplessly, they knew Christian would come to house after three days, until then no one can save him.