14 ~ The Call

After the third day of toast for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Reilly decided that moping around for an unattainable guy was the sort of romance novel bullshit that she always hated to read. So, she pulled herself together and decided to call Tianna. Deciding that the best friend pulling the heroine out of a rut is by far the better scenario to run.

She put on her newly washed black jeans and hoody and grabbed her cash. Sending her friend an email was the only method she had available, but she was scared her mother might have access to her emails. A telephone booth was the next best option, and that is where she was off to.

She answered on the third ring.

"I don't need home insurance," Tianna droned annoyed with the arrogance of the person that dared to try and sell her a package.

"Good, because I'm not selling any," Reilly murmured.

"Reilly!? Where on earth are you? Are you okay? Dang, I've missed you! I'm coming to pick you up right now! Where are you?"

"Corner of Smith and Weston," Reilly responded. She smiled when the line went dead before she placed the phone back on the hook. Tianna was nothing if not dependable.

********

"I cannot believe you kissed a guy!"

"It was one kiss, Anna," Reilly blushed, happy to be in the car ten minutes later.

"Yeah, but you knew him for 2 days, he was practically a stranger," she laughed flicking her long blonde hair behind her shoulder.

"You've done worse in less time," Reilly grumbled.

"Hey, I'm just surprised. No judgment, I swear."

"Surprise?"

"Dude, you're such an innocent," Tianna laughed as she parked her car in her driveway, "You've never even had a proper boyfriend! If I didn't know any better I would have thought you're a closet case."

"Gee, thanks," Reilly laughed, "I guess I am a bit sheltered."

"I'm planning on fixing that," Tianna whispered conspiratorially.

"Tianna, can't we just go watch chick flicks and eat ice cream in your room?"

"You didn't call me to vegetate with you," Tianna laughed, Reilly knew she was right, but on the other hand immediately jumping into a party scene wasn't exactly what she had in mind.

"What's the plan then?" Reilly decided to ask, hoping that she's wrong.

"You still have that fake ID, right?"

Reilly groaned.

"Check the date of birth on it, I remember it being a few weeks before your actual one."

Reilly took out the ID and sighed. Today was her fake birthday.

"Let's go celebrate!"

"I don't want to celebrate a fake birthday two weeks before my real one,"

"Let's just call it practice!"

She dragged Reilly into her room and started to rummage through her closet.

"Why do you have to be two heads taller than me?" She muttered as she shoved the mini dresses to the left studying each dress thoughtfully.

"You're the one that insists on wearing skirts that barely cover your bum."

"Just shut up and try this on!"