20 ~ The Accident

"Spill," Tianna lounged at Reilly the second the door closed behind her. Reilly had such a fright that she dropped the motorbike helmet in her hand and scowled at Tianna.

"How are you even awake?"

"I never slept, darling," Tianna laughed wiggling her eyebrows, "Neither, it seems, did you."

"What time is it anyway?"

"Around 4 am," Tianna responded, "So, I'm still waiting for you to spill the damn tea!"

"Well... tea did spill..." Reilly laughed.

"And?" Tianna insisted.

"I don't know, T," Reilly sighed, "We kissed. We did a lot more than kiss too. But, it was nothing like..."

"No fireworks?"

"No fireworks, but I don't think it was bad... It was very good... Like the opposite of fireworks, but very good."

"The opposite of fireworks sounds depressing," Tianna mumbled.

"Fireworks are loud. This wasn't. Fireworks are dangerous. This wasn't. Fireworks are out of control. This wasn't. Fireworks are fast. This wasn't. It was the opposite of fireworks in so many ways, but we still set on fire."

"Set on fire, hey?"

"We never went all the way."

"Why didn't you?"

"Because I've only known him for 3 days and I'm still a virgin, Tianna. Only you would make me spell it out!"

"You're still a... I thought you did it with Blaze?"

"Blake; and virgin is not a swear word. And I told you we never did it."

"I didn't believe you, but I guess I do now," Tianna muttered.

"Don't sulk," Reilly smiled and hugged her, "Besides, it wasn't my v-card that stopped me."

"What then?"

"I'm just confused. I left the house to find fireworks. I found fireworks. I loved fireworks. I got burnt. Now I have this soft, fire-"

"Soft fire? You know that's like a contradiction of epic perportions right?"

"But it fits! It's confusing. But that is what it is. Slow, calm and engulfing. And so very different from what I thought I wanted."

"You used the past tense verbs yourself. I don't even need to say it."

"I know. But it's still confusing."

"Let's go sleep, it will be less confusing in the morning."

"I'll just ignore the sun coming up outside that window and agree with you," Reilly laughed, lighter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four hours is not enough sleep," Reilly moaned as she made coffee for Tianna and herself.

"You're the one who chose 9 am classes," Tianna mumbled still sprawled across the bed, "I was smart enough to elect the 11 am classes instead, but I'm stuck with taking your dumb ass to school."