18 ~ The Party

The party was already in full swing by the time they arrived. The house seemed to shrink compared to the sheer amount of all the people around the outside. Reilly shuddered. It has been three whole days of party scene after party scene and she could have done with at least one night in. She looked over at Tianna and sighed. Her friend was in her element. Blonde hair cascading down her back, a bright pink mini dress and heels that made her legs seem to go for days. She couldn't help but look down at her own outfit and cringe. She was wearing another Tianna special and kept trying to pull the silky blue material down to cover more of her very exposed thighs. 

"Let's go dance," Tianna hollered as she pulled Reilly inside. The music was loud and Reilly struggled to get into the rhythm of the song.

"Fancy meeting you here," a voice laughed from behind her, "For a non-party goer you seem to frequent them all lately."

Reilly turned around in surprise to face Tyler. He looked very striking with his motorbike leathers on, helmet under one arm and the other hand raking his hair. His silver eyes glistened with amusement as he took Reilly's hand and twirled her around. His eyes seemed to rake over every open piece of skin and Reilly blushed all the way down to her toes.

"See ya, Rye," Tianna laughed as she walked off to find her people, abandoning Reilly to Tyler.

"This is not your dress," Tyler said after a few seconds.

"I don't know whether that is a compliment or an insult?" Reilly laughed feeling a bit more settled.

"Oh, it's definitely a compliment," he laughed as he pulled her closer when a group of boisterous party-goers shuffled past them and walked her down a passage to a quieter, more private spot. Reilly looked around the room, taking in the lack of people as well as the pair of sweltering eyes seeming to drink in every part of her.

"You see," he continued, "I'm a very observant person on a good day and observing you has only ever been a pleasure. But, let's pretend I didn't see you try to pull your dress down over your knees multiple times before I approached you and focus on this area right here," he murmured as his hands very lightly cupped her breasts. 

"These, " he continued, his voice rough, "don't fit quite as well as the dress intended." Reilly's breath caught in her throat as she looked down to where his thumb stroked her very exposed cleavage. Tyler slowly moved his hands down her waist over the rise of he shapely hips and with a feather-light grasp cupped her bottom. 

Reilly looked up into his eyes, frozen and curious about what he's going to say next. "Then these," he said squeezing her bottom, his voice low, "were one accidental bend away from from..." He pulled her impossibly closer then and instead of finishing his sentence he brought his head down and kissed Reilly. 

The kiss was soft and curious. 

There was no fireworks.

Reilly kissed him back anyway. She held his head, her fingers practically knotted in his hair and savored the warmth of his mouth against hers as their tongues tasted and explored each other.

There was no urgency. 

Tyler groaned as Reilly's hands moved down across his body and she explored his shoulders. He deepened their kiss, his body burning with every stroke. She moaned and her hands stopped with her fingers splayed on his chest. 

Reilly wondered for a brief moment what will happen if she pushed him away, but didn't follow through with her thoughts when it occurred to her that she didn't want to.

It might not be earth-shattering, but it wasn't just nice either. The sensation was not skin deep, it touched her soul softly. In all the best ways. It was the kind of kiss that romance novels never spoke about, but it was just as devastating. 

The slow, low-burning fire still managed to set fire to both of their senses and the fire pulled them deeper into each other. Each movement they made was thought out and on purpose. Each stroke of their hands carefully planned. They took stock of each other's every gasp and every shudder. 

When they moved further into the room and laid on the floor, it was a mutual decision, not an overwhelming, uncontrollable urge. Reilly felt safe and in control as she straddled Tyler and kissed his neck. She unbottoned his shirt and kissed his shoulders and chest, her tongue flickered over each of his nipples, his sharp intake of breath encouraged her to do it again. Tyler wiggled underneath Reilly. She felt drunk with the power she had over every reaction Tyler made and moved lower. Her tongue exploring, her teeth nibbling. 

Tyler's hands moved over her back and held onto her head as Reilly's fingers made quick work of his pants button, but before she could grip his zip properly Tyler pulled Reilly up back over him, then he turned Reilly onto her back and straddled her. 

 They paused in that position as Reilly stared up into Tyler's eyes that more accurately resembled silver pools of pure desire than eyes. Feeling a bit knocked down by Tyler's rejection of her confident advances, she hesitated when his mouth came down to hers and turned her lips away from his.

"What's wrong?" Tyler murmured as he nuzzled her neck with his nose, leaving butterfly kissed on her collarbone. 

"You didn't let me..." Reilly trailed off, her cheeks burned with embarrassment. She hated that her innocence was showing and made to get up, but Tyler pulled her hands above her head with one hand and continued his assault on her senses down her shoulder, her embarrassment ebbing with every flicker of his tongue. When his mouth trailed over her breasts and his mouth clamped over her nipple through the material of her dress all thoughts of rejection or conversation flew out of the window. It was Reilly's turn to wiggle underneath Tyler and she made no effort to stop the moans that were pulled out of her throat with every movement of Tyler's mouth.

Tyler kept his one hand securely around both wrists above her head and used the other to hike up Reilly's dress and struggled a bit with the elastic of her underwear. Reilly's arm pulled free from Tyler's grip and grabbed at his wrist.

"Reilly?" Tyler whispered, as he placed his hands on both sides of her head, "Pot, meet kettle..." he laughed nibbling on her ear. 

"I'm so sorry," Reilly whispered back and put both her hands on his cheeks and found his eyes with hers. Her body still ached for his touch and she had to stop herself from wiggling impatiently under his respectfully still body. 

"Don't apologize," Tyler smiled and tapped her nose playfully before he rolled off her.

They both sat up and when Reilly moved to get up, Tyler didn't stop her.

"We'll talk later. Let's go join the party?" he suggested and that is exactly what they did.