3 ~ The Man In The Towel

Reilly's jaw nearly hit the floor as she stared at the man standing in the doorway. Her eyes wandering over him. From the top of his dark hair, still wet from the shower. Down his handsome face, his beard glistening with water drops. Over his wide shoulders and mouthwatering torso. Then stopped on the towel hanging loosely on his hips. Before they shot back up to his face, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

"I think you have the wrong room," he said, cocking his head to the side, smiling at Reilly.

"No, I'm in room 13, second on the left," she responded pointing weakly at the room's front door, still in shock.

"You must have got it wrong, I'm in room 13, second on the left," he threw back squinting now.

"I'll- I'll go ask," Reilly stuttered as she stumbled backwards in an effort to reach the door.

"I will go with," he said following her to the door.

"Uh, shouldn't you- you know-" Riley stammered gesturing at his towel.

"Why? Does it bother you?" He responded, waggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"No," she half whispered, leaving the room quickly, so he can't see her blush. They made their way down the stairs and to the front counter.

"We seem to have a problem in room 13," he told the creepy guy behind the counter.

"The water takes a while to get warm, just be patient," he said, the dreariness in his tone implying that he has repeated that sentence countless times.

"No, the shower was fine," he grumbled looking down self-consciously, before gesturing at Riley and barking: "She's my problem!"

"Sir, I don't handle domestic disputes," the creepy guy said turning around busying himself with papers.

"That's the problem, we aren't together," he said calmer now, "but, you mixed up and put us in the same room." The creepy guy had the grace to widen his eyes and bring his hand to his mouth in shock. He starts rifling through the papers on his table before finding what looks to be a list.

Reilly frowns when Blake suddenly covers his face with a brochure, seeming engrossed with Thai massages. She looks to the window that he was looking out and see a bunch of reporters. She wonders if they're looking for him, but gets distracted when the creepy guy gets her attention:

"I would move one of you, but it seems we're fully booked for four days," he said, his brow sweating nervously.

"What does that mean?" Reilly asked softly, both men looked at her almost like it was the first time they saw her.

"One of you can go to another motel, the closest one is six blocks over near the Civic Building, I can give you 50% of your money back," he suggested.

"No, I'm not leaving!" They respond in unison.

"...or I could send over a bunch of pillows and you can make a fort to live in for four days."

*****

"This is ridiculous," Reilly muttered to herself, as they made their way back up the stairs, each carrying three big pillows.

"You know," he said slightly out of breath, when they reached their floor, "I committed to living with you for four days, and I don't even know your name."

"Why did you decide to stay?" She grumbled.

"People are looking for me, I can't leave right now."

"You're a fugitive? Should I be worried?"

"No, it's just my crazy family," he shrugged and stopped behind Reilly as they reached the room, "Why are you staying?"

"I can't lose 50% of the money that went into renting this room," she responded, awkwardly struggling to free one hand to open the door.

"You never answered me, I'm Blake," he muttered as he easily fit all the pillows under one arm and opened the door effortlessly. He stood back to let Reilly in first. She didn't say anything. Just threw the pillows on the bed and took her laptop out of her bag, sat on the couch and put in her earphones.

Blake could hear Yellowcard's, Hang you up, blaring out of them as he threw his pillows on the bed too. He took the opportunity to take her in then. He didn't know girls could have hair shorter than his. He always thought that it would look stupid, on her it looked striking. Her wide hazel eyes, the first thing he noticed when he first saw her, are focused on the screen in front of her. He stared at her face a moment longer, wondering if it could pass as pretty. He shrugged as he took in the dark hoody, three sizes too big, but matched perfectly with the black casual jeans and black converse that she wore with it. It was in stark contrast to her blonde hair.

He grabbed his bag and went to the bathroom to put on clothes, wondering what on earth he has gotten himself into.

Reilly's eyes followed Blake as he left the room, wondering the exact same thing.