CHAPTER 45: REMEMBERING (PART 1)

Sky's pov:

I pick up my child and leave the room with Mason, getting ready to go on one of our daily walks.

I think back to the day when I started to remember my life and try to imagine how different it would be now if I wasn't there that day.

(~FLASHBACK~)

I look in the mirror and stare at my four-month, almost five-month, pregnant belly. 'Why do I feel sad when I stare at my belly? Shouldn't I be feeling happy, like very happy?'

I place my hands on my stomach and close my eyes, but as soon as I do I feel another pair of hands on top of my own. My eyes open as quickly as they can but I don't see anyone or anything that it could have been.

'Remember...'

That voice. I've definitely heard her voice before, but who is it?

'Remember... Please try to remember.'

'What should I remember? What do you want me to remember?' I ask myself?

"Did your parents name you after your eyes?"

'Who asked me that? Why can't I remember his face?' I look around my room as if it will help me remember something. I close my eyes trying to picture his face.

"What do we have here?"

I hear the same voice again, but I feel his hands on my waist this time. 'Why does this feel so comforting and safe?'

"So my mates a lycan. Are you going to tell me your name?"

The word "mate" keeps repeating itself in my head.

He definitely said mate but he isn't Drevon, and Drevon is my mate, isn't he?

"How would you feel about letting the pack know that we are mates?"

'What pack is he talking about? Everyone here already knows about me and Drevon.'

"Looking at OUR pack."

'Our pack. He definitely said our pack. Oh, how I want to remember, please someone help me remember.'

And that's when the imagine of him pops into my head. He's on his knee with a ring in one hand and his words are like the key to all of my memories.

"Will you marry me?"

The memories all come flooding in and I don nothing to stop them, in fact I welcome them with open arms.

When I open my eyes again, I notice the tears rolling down my cheeks but I can't ignore the smile on my face either.

I remember him.

I remember my pack.

I remember my mate.

I remember everything.

Now all I have to do is find a way to escape and get back to him, and I know the perfect person who could help me with that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think.

F.S