CHAPTER 26: THE TRUTH COMES OUT (PART 2)

Star's pov:

"The first time I met him was hundreds of years ago, I can't remember exactly how long ago it was, but I know it was a long time ago. My parents didn't believe in the concept of mates at the time, so they wanted me to marry and mate with someone who will be able to help expand and help our kingdom thrive. I didn't want to marry someone I haven't met yet and if they were not my mate, even if finding your mate was the hardest thing to do back then I wanted to find him and spend the rest of my life with him.
My parents did not like the idea of waiting for someone who could end up being nothing but a 'weak peasant' as they would say. All they wanted was power and money, that much was obvious, so I decided to try and run away.
I waited for nightfall and snuck out of my bedroom window. Trying to be as quiet as I could possibly be, I climbed down the tree right outside my window and made a run for it. I made it quite far before I started to hear the bells. Three bells meant the Princess, well I was missing and that meant that everyone would now be looking for me and trying to bring me back to the castle.
I started to run even faster but that's when I got his scent, my mate's scent. I followed it and then it brought me to him. My mate. When I saw him for the first time I felt this happiness that I have never felt before. But that all ended very quickly. The man my parents wanted me to marry came to our kingdom earlier than expected and when he heard the bells he started to search for me as well. When he saw me and my mate, he knew straight away what we were to each other, yet he didn't care. He ordered his men to take hold of my mate and bring him with us and then he grabbed my arms and started to pull me along with him. His grip was very tight so I had no other choice but to follow him. He brought us back to the castle and there I saw my parents waiting at the front door for us.
Before I was able to say anything, the man told my parents that my mate was the one who took me. I wasn't able to say anything before one of my parent's warriors took my mate and stab a sword straight through his heart. The pain I felt was too intense, I dropped straight to the floor and tried to crawl towards him. My parents tried to get me up and away from him but with strength I didn't know I had I pushed everyone away and shouted at them, telling them that he was my mate. No one believed me and at that time no one of the consequence of what would happen if one loses their mate. But they knew a day after when I lost my own life from the pain I felt from losing my mate.
This would happen again and again, my parents would be different people, but always in high positions but that man, the one I was supposed to marry would always be the same person and he would always find an excuse to kill my mate. He believed that a time would come where I would choose him over my mate but I never have and I never will, but he never listens.
He would keep on killing my mate and I would keep on dying from the heartache of losing my mate.
I have never been able to live a life with my mate. I wouldn't be able to even find out their names, let alone hold their hands or kiss them. The only time I would hold them is when they would be dying.
I never found out the name of the man who I was meant to marry but he always knew everything about me and he knew exactly when I met my mate and he would make sure that it didn't end well.
This is why I'm so scared to act as mates with you Hunter, in every single lifetime I never can talk to my mate like this or even see you before you die and I'm scared that as soon as I start to accept that you are my mate and that you haven't been killed, I am going to lose you right in front of me like always and I know losing you is going to be a lot more painful than any other of my mates because in this lifetime I have got to know you and I'm terrified that this might be my last chance at having a life with my mate."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think.

F.S