CHAPTER 27: UNDERSTANDING (PART 1)

Sky's pov:

Now I know. Now I know why Star was acting the way she did and why she didn't tell me, she didn't want to scare me or Hunter. And she especially didn't want to lose him, but I'm glad now that we both know what we are facing or should I say who we are going to face sometime sooner or later.

"Now we've both heard of what had happened to Star's past mates, what do you want to do now?" I ask Hunter.

"Well as I have a better understanding of why Star didn't want to act like my mate I can start to think of ways to calm my wolf down so we can get through this together. Does she have any idea of when he will come?" Hunter asks.

"No, being able to be near my mate in this life itself is a miracle to me and one I will never forget. I just wish I won't lose him as well, I won't be able to move on if that happens."

"No, she has no idea. He normally appears before she even has time to speak to you so this time itself is a miracle to her and me." I respond, changing Star's words slightly to fit for us both.

Hunter thinks for a couple of minutes while I just stare at him admiring the view. You can't blame me, it is not like I can do it openly, this is the only chance I've got so I might as well use it properly.

"Well I guess we can try and carry on pretending that we aren't mates in front of everyone, for the time being, and I can get some of my top warriors to scout the pack grounds to see if there have been any changes or to see if they have seen or heard anything strange and if they do then they should report it to me straight away. Apart from that, I'm not sure what we can do until he appears." Hunter tells me.

"I agree, but I wish he appears soon, I don't know how long I can hold off this mate bond." I tell him.

"I know, I feel the same." Hunter reply while letting a small smile appear on his face.

"I should probably go, I don't want the guards to pick up on my scent, especially coming out of your room, what would the pack say." I say, laughing slightly under my breath.

"I think they would say that we are two grown-up people who can enjoy each others company, with a game of snakes and ladders." Hunter says.

We both look at each other and start to laugh uncontrollably. We try and silence each other but we fail as we start to laugh even harder. After a few minutes, we start to calm down and I stand up from the bed and start to walk to the window.

"Until the next time, my alpha mate." I say as I hop out the window and run towards the forest wanting to have a quick run before going back to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think.

F.S