Chapter 14

Despite being in the same bed in each other embrace, Nandini and Manik were engrossed in their respective reverie of the affair happened in the evening.

Where Manik was just having the repeat recollection of the news given by Yasmeen, Nandini couldn't forget how disoriented Aryaman seemed by his appearance at the threshold of their house.

"Stop thinking, Nandini." Manik sighed  breaking the ice while bringing her close to him "What done is done. We can't change anything about it."

"I-" licking her lips wet, her eyes wavering in weary, Nandini kept her head against his chest "- I can't get over how agonised Aryaman looked today. And Yasmeen. She herself wasn't any less tormented."

"Though I do feel sorry for Yasmeen, but Mr. Khurana." Jaw ticking slowly, Manik snorted slightly "He called it upon himself. And he pretty much deserve it. The whole mishap could have been avoided if he hadn't messed up things in between them."

A mild layer of frown sat in between her eyes hearing Manik and as much as she wanted to argue with him over his said statement, Nandini knew it was a loss cause.

Aryaman did made out a ruckus of his riddled mind. However Nandini still believes they needed a chance which Yasmeen didn't offered. And somewhere she hoped everything gets settled in between them and they get back to how they were before.

The morning, as promised to Meera, Nandini was helping her to prepare for the dance-off she had in coming three days on their terrace. Where early morning had Meera's mind blooming and rejuvenated, Nandini was in other world with her mind wandering off to the unnamed streets. She was disturbed as well as pained to the extent that she even missed the tingling prickling of her skin by the intense watch of her man who appeared out on the terrace with a cup of tea in his hand.

Though, Manik had trailed his way by following the sweet chime of the ghungroos and was still very much able to be blown out at instant by how graceful his women is dancing it off, he didn't miss how the frown is marring on her face. Keeping a watchful gaze on her, he sipped the warm tea and leaned by the middle partitioning wall. 

And thus it helped as no sooner than later he found her attention shifting on him. 

A minute or so after, Meera was summoned by her mother from the downstairs. Nodding Meera an approval and calling the session off for that day, Nandini did her quick prayer to goddess Saraswati before sitting down and wincing vividly at the same time to untie her ghungroos.

While she remained focused on her task, a layer of crease sitting lazily on her forehead, she soon felt his towering self lowering before her and briskly brushing her finger to let him take the charge.

"Are you still thinking about the last evening?" His voice came out husky whilst fiddling with the ties of the ghungroo, whereas her focus remained distant and bothered "Remember I made you promise that whatever the outcome of this gathering is going to be you'll make peace with it." 

Finding her still not giving heed to his word, he determinedly chinned her up with his knuckle to look at him "Nandini, I'm talking to you-"

"- I got my monthlies." Where now her attention was on him, her statement took him off guarded for a while to fathom until he understood and gaped her.

Not really sure if he inferred her words, she rephrased, her tone wavering "I- I'm on my.. periods-"

"-I understood that." He replied trailing her uncertain voice as he shrugged his head lightly "But your point being?"

Eyes flickering at him being seemingly unaffected, Nandini licked her lips wet to conclude "I missed the chance."

Still with him being staring at her with the clear sign of oblivious, Nandini heaved out "Chance of being pregnant."