Chapter 22.

My Readers are the loveliest and greatest of all. Thanks to everybody who supported me with the mishap of plagiarism.💕

 An update for you guys as gratitude 🌸

______

Locking the main door and switching the night bulb on the veranda, Manik made sure he did his routine task of every night before making his way to the staircase.

He was passing by his sister's room when a muffled giggle caught his ear and he went faltering on his steps. With a frown on his forehead, he glanced at his wristwatch which showed ten past eleven in the night and toward Meera's room where he could hear her hush but couldn't make out her words which piqued his curiosity.

He didn't want to behave like one of those controlling elder siblings however observing his sister quite for a few days he couldn't let his concern slide just like that, therefore acting upon his apprehension he made his pace toward her room.

And unlike what he perceived he found Meera instead dedicatedly studying sitting by her studying table.

Reposed upon the sight, Manik however couldn't help but let the mild crease cross over his forehead until Meera soon caught her brother by the door "Bhaiya, you here at this time?

Lips pressed thin, he hesitated to confront her if he misheard her talking however seeing her adherence to study, he chose against it and shook his head lightly "I just came to check upon you."

Acknowledging him, Meera nodded "Oh! Well, I'll study for more two hours and then wrap it up. I have an early class tomorrow.

"Yeah." Regarding his curiosity, Manik dwells upon his suspicion of hearing her talk, his mouth itching to counter, however, he instead ended up asking "Do you need anything? Perhaps a glass of warm milk or something?"

"No, bhaiya. I am good." Having her sway her head in denial, Manik contemplated yet again but sighed anyway nodding "Alright, I'll be going to bed then. Don't stay up for long and go early to bed, okay?"

Meera nodded positively, a little smile sincerely sitting upon her lips until she let go of her beholden breath when her brother finally left for his room.

Such a narrow escape it was, few!

Getting her mobile phone from behind the thick book of her business management, Meera flushed finding the ongoing call until she heard him snicker "Guess who started lying?"

"Shut up, Fatehpuria! You don't have any idea how wild my heart is racing?"

Hearing her breathy hush, his face already morphed with amusement, he smirked "Well, what if I do have an idea, Miss Varanasi about your wild racing heart rate...whenever I come closer to you."

Blissed out over his raspy baritone, Meera gulped while fighting a forming blush of a smile appearing on her face whereas her study and flipping page of the notebook was long forgotten in whilst of their talks.

Still uncertain over his hunch for his sister, Manik made his way toward his room to find it cold with no sign of his wife in there.

He was yet again in reverie when he recalled Nandini spacing out since the moment they came back from the carnival. 

There were a lot of things happening around yet he could not seem to tend any of them into his vigilant. 

His mother acted sceptically.

His sister behaved unusually.

While his wife...she either was attentive or too distracted into god knew which thought.