Chapter 15.

Mouth chanting mantras and eyes raking around the cheering audiences, Meera set her eyes at the one whose whole conceited existence radiated confidence as he flexed his muscles looking straight at her.

Krish Fatehpuria was his name.
No doubt the guy knew how well he is skillful with his moves but Meera herself wasn't any less.

And with the smug glance being passed to her by him, Meera was highly adamant to give her best in the dance-off.

"Tie up your dupatta well, Miss. Vanarasi. Don't wanna hear you whine when you lose and blame it all upon stepping up on your slacking dupatta."

Narrowing her eyes at his obnoxious mock, Meera hurled him a tight lipped smile "And so do you, Mr. Fatehpuria. Don't wanna see you argue later when you stumble upon your shoelaces. So better you buckle up."

A smirk was all she got in the reply before the floor vibrated with the music which caught Meera in dilemma.

"Hey! Stop! That's not the song we decided to compete on." Waving her hand to the guy handling music, she glared hard at Krish who had malicious smile playing on his lips "you changed it, didn't you."

" So what if I did?" Shrugging casually in response, Krish clicked his tongue scrounging his nose "The music you chose wasn't as per my taste. Too old-school, just like your so called classical dance. So me and-" opening his arms towards the audience "- the majority here decided this very song for us."

Clenching her jaw, Meera breathed in heave craning her head to her friends "And no one felt once to make me aware about the changes?"

"Uh- Meera, we were going to but...Krish took the responsibility to...to tell you." Vedansh, the club representative, which also happens to be both Meera and Krish's common friend budged in hesitantly seeing the girl in temper.

"And before you toss the ball in my court , I did ringed you but you never received." Krish rested his case with a dismissive statement of a loop sided grin.

"There is a thing called message. You could have pinged me." Meera seethed making Krish chuckle haughtily "You think I have all day for you. Get a life, Miss Vanarasi."

"Now what do we do?" Chitra, Meera's new friend from the batch panicked perking Meera's attention towards her  "Meera hasn't practiced on this piece."

"The only conclusion I see is-" Krish spoke up, his demeanor relaxed with his hands fixed in his cargos pants pocket as he ambled his feet to her to slouch and match her height with his towering self "I won. And you-" clicking his tongue, he pivoted over with a pity face before a menacing smile hover over his face lowering his face to her again "-pack your ghungroos and see yourself out of this hall."

"You got your winner guys!" Krish announced out of a sudden with a victorious beam getting all but a murmur from the audiences "Come on, friends! I can't hear you clap-"

His words were cut off in the middle when the same music blared taking him in for a surprise.

Over pivoting, he saw Meera offering her prayer to Goddess Saraswati and also her gurviji, her bhabhi Nandini over the song blasting in the background as she prepared herself for the battle.

Taking the hint, his head held high with a constant concealed smile hovering his face, Krish took his position and the battle of move started.

To say Krish was expecting Meera to let go off this battle would be a joke. He was certain of her as much as he knew prepared or not she would still give hard time to him with the battle.